Sign in to follow this  
jjg

Updated Rankings: Garcon at 5?

Didn't expect to see him ranked that high. Wonder what the rationale behind this is?

Didn't expect to see him ranked that high. Wonder what the rationale behind this is?

Because he is a good WR going against a soft defense and has a QB with a cannon for an arm. I drafted Garcon in 3 leagues with extreme confidence. Starting him in all of them.

Skins homer.

Don't own him in any of my leagues, but he's gonna blow up this week in what should be a shootout in NO

You are going to be very upset with yourself for not grabbing him in any leagues. Kind of like how I am with Torrey Smith.

Pierre hasn't exactly looked unstoppable in DC, and RG3 is still a rookie. I wouldn't be surprised to see Washington lean on the running game. That translates to a poor game for the WRs. No way he should be top five.

Garcon means boy. And I'm benching him and flexing TRich instead in my 10 team .5 PPR idiot league. I'm sure TRich will go 6-23 and Pierre will go 9-150-2.

A bit over realistic on that prediction. Wish Vegas would do fantasy props; I'd bet my mortgage on him not cracking top 5!

A bit over realistic on that prediction. Wish Vegas would do fantasy props; I'd bet my mortgage on him not cracking top 5!

You couldn't just take the money out of your savings? It would have to be your mortgage? If that is the case, I would bet my mortgage you wouldn't bet your mortgage if you had the chance. Plus, what good is an extra $300 going to do you? Isn't that the going rate on mobile mortgages? :)

I'm sorry but there are too many superior receivers on superior offenses to rank Garcon #5. Sure, he could go Ogie on us, but FF is a game of statistics with some intuition sprinkled in. I'd rather add the intuition part myself, and not see it in the rankings.

I'm sorry but there are too many superior receivers on superior offenses to rank Garcon #5. Sure, he could go Ogie on us, but FF is a game of statistics with some intuition sprinkled in. I'd rather add the intuition part myself, and not see it in the rankings.

I agree. Certainly could go off but I don't see anyone benching him for Julio Jones or Jordy Nelson this week.

Would you start him over Colston(Q) or Decker? I am tempted, but not sure I will, Superdome Week 1, after the scandal, could be really intimidating for RG3 and therefore his WRs.

Would you start him over Colston(Q) or Decker? I am tempted, but not sure I will, Superdome Week 1, after the scandal, could be really intimidating for RG3 and therefore his WRs.

Good question. I have the same choice to make: Decker, Colston, or Garcon.

Good question. I have the same choice to make: Decker, Colston, or Garcon.

Colston is iffy this week but should start. I'm a betting man & would go Garcon, Decker, Garcon.

Pierre hasn't exactly looked unstoppable in DC, and RG3 is still a rookie. I wouldn't be surprised to see Washington lean on the running game. That translates to a poor game for the WRs. No way he should be top five.

No, he hasn't looked unstoppable, but he's looked very, very good, and RGIII's favorite target. In a shootout, he is a lock for a lot of targets. What he does with them, we'll see, but with that amount of opportunity, I would take a chance on him over the likes of a hurt Colston competing with so many other receivers for targets.

And just like that, he appears to be out. I think it was his hammy on the long td.

I take back everything I said about garçon. Guy is a stud.

Injured foot

Return questionable. :(

dammit - I have him going in 2 leagues. I can't believe he's out

You couldn't just take the money out of your savings? It would have to be your mortgage? If that is the case, I would bet my mortgage you wouldn't bet your mortgage if you had the chance. Plus, what good is an extra $300 going to do you? Isn't that the going rate on mobile mortgages? :)

Glad he went out of the game...saved me from losing my house!