Sign in to follow this  
Gratefulegg1973

Randall Cobb

Greg Jennings' status 'unclear' for Thursday

The Associated Press reports that Greg Jennings' status for Thursday night's game against the Bears is "unclear" due to a groin injury.

The short week really isn't going to help. Coach Mike McCarthy revealed in his Monday presser that Jennings exited Sunday's loss late in the fourth quarter with the injury and "didn't feel very good" afterwards. McCarthy did say Jennings felt better on Monday, but there are no guarantees for banged-up players on four-day weeks. Keep an eye on Jennings' practice workloads, if he even gets any before Thursday Night Football. If Jennings missed the game, the Packers would turn to James Jones as the starter opposite Jordy Nelson. Randall Cobb would continue to play a prominent role as a slot receiver and third-down back.

FML he's probably gonna blow up like Nelson did last year and I'll be regretting drafting and dropping him all year.

A groin pull with only four days for recovery? I don't see him playing.

I like him a lot. But here's what I'm worried about.

The Packers used Cobb like how the Saints used Sproles against the Niners during the 2011 playoffs.

Maybe Cobb's performance says more about how to get to the Niners defense than Cobb's affect on the entire season.

Just a thought.

I think we were on to something here. Not even close to the same game plan tonight.

I think we were on to something here. Not even close to the same game plan tonight.

Ya, that sucked... in defensive game he doesnt get the ball... Hopefully, the pack wont have many of those this year.

The guy touched it twice and got 48 yards though... you cant ignore that!

Ya, that sucked... in defensive game he doesnt get the ball... Hopefully, the pack wont have many of those this year.

The guy touched it twice and got 48 yards though... you cant ignore that!

no but apparently the Packers can

Unless you have one of the big dogs (Nelson, Jennings, Rodgers...and it looks like Benson may move into this catagory) GB players are really hit and miss. No idea week to week whose turn it will be...Cobb, Jones, Finley, Kuhn...even old man Driver got in on the act last night. I do think Cobb is going to be a big fantasy factor down the road, but not until Jennings moves on, Driver retires, etc. I got Cobb waiting on my dynasty bench but I'm thinking next year, at the earliest, is when you want to start considering him week to week. JMO :pointstosky:

sucks... last night confirmed that for all the talk about GB/Rodgers looking to Cobb more this season, you didn't see that last night. Is he being used *relatively* more than last year, yes. Is his role prominent enough to be consistent, no. I agree that for all the sproules/harvin talk, it'll probably be next or next next season before than comes to fruition. Harvin took a few years to get to where he is today...