Sign in to follow this  
cavern

Did anyone have waiver problems on cbs?

woke up this morning and went to check how the waivers went and it appears that they did NOT run. so i checked my commish tools and it said waivers would clear tonight. no biggie, right? well, one of my teams said they were awake late last night and saw the waivers process clear and process and that it must have then later reversed...

has anyone else had problems with their waivers on cbs? fwiw, i have all days checked (tues - sat) for waivers

woke up this morning and went to check how the waivers went and it appears that they did NOT run. so i checked my commish tools and it said waivers would clear tonight. no biggie, right? well, one of my teams said they were awake late last night and saw the waivers process clear and process and that it must have then later reversed...

has anyone else had problems with their waivers on cbs? fwiw, i have all days checked (tues - sat) for waivers

Yeah, I had problems to.

Apparently there was a bug which meant teams could add/drop players prior to the waivers run.

Seems to be sorted now though.

CBS has too many problems to pay for, so the only leagues I have on there are free leagues. For one of them the draft room failed in the 3rd round of the draft so it went autopick. For another league, waivers aren't clearing today morning and have for some reason been moved to tomorrow morning. I generally like CBS' site for some fantasy news and sports news in general, but the quality of their fantasy game is very low and they have removed a lot of the useful fantasy tools they had (player profile commenting, fantasy points per game list and breakdown, schedule for players listed conveniently on a page, etc.).

I would strongly suggest not to have any pay leagues on that site. And the unpaid leagues generally don't matter much so you can still have a few to mess around with on there, it does help pass time at work.

Yes, I am a commish for a CBS league and our waivers also did not run.

I was up at 2am emailing my league mates of the issue and the inconvenience and apologizing as if I may have forgot to set for waivers to process this a.m.

It looks like we'll have to wait one more night. Blah.

I play in 3 CBS leagues and one of them processed the waivers and the other 2 did not. One league you could add and drop anyone freely yesterday and my league nothing happened.

The one i am commissioner in the waivers did not get processed and said would be done Thursday. I thought i had screwed something up so was trying to fix but i called CBS and they said it was everyone. The CBS guy told me to email my issue??? I guess they were getting to many angry people and guy did not want to hear me b!tch. I asked them to process waiver immedietly but not sure if will or not

They must be fixing because none of my cbs leagues will open.

I play in 3 CBS leagues and one of them processed the waivers and the other 2 did not. One league you could add and drop anyone freely yesterday and my league nothing happened.

The one i am commissioner in the waivers did not get processed and said would be done Thursday. I thought i had screwed something up so was trying to fix but i called CBS and they said it was everyone. The CBS guy told me to email my issue??? I guess they were getting to many angry people and guy did not want to hear me b!tch. I asked them to process waiver immedietly but not sure if will or not

They must be fixing because none of my cbs leagues will open.

i had my freaking league on MFL and loved it. my league members got together and forced the issue and after a vote, here we are on CBS. this stinks, rant over

I am in 2 money leagues on CBS and waivers were processed in both. I am always surprised to hear of the problems so many others have with CBS because I have never had an issue and have been using them for more than 10 years. The cost of the site is beginning to turn me off though as it seems to keep going up. My have to start looking for alternatives next year.

i had my freaking league on MFL and loved it. my league members got together and forced the issue and after a vote, here we are on CBS. this stinks, rant over

I still love CBS and this is the first time any type of issue like this has ever happened since ive played.

They made a bunch of changes this year and one that made absolutely no sense. When you looked at Free Agents they did not have their opponent listed anywhere? So of course i b!tched and complained and guess what.......they changed it :doublethumbsup:

I set my waivers to run yesterday in the 2 leagues I am commish of, and they both ran without a hitch, so it was not "everybody".

I set my waivers to run yesterday in the 2 leagues I am commish of, and they both ran without a hitch, so it was not "everybody".

how do you "set" it to run? all i know is they give you boxes to check for tuesday - saturday and, while i didn't quite understand that someone advised me to check them all and that waivers will go the way i need... :-/

I still love CBS and this is the first time any type of issue like this has ever happened since ive played.

They made a bunch of changes this year and one that made absolutely no sense. When you looked at Free Agents they did not have their opponent listed anywhere? So of course i b!tched and complained and guess what.......they changed it :doublethumbsup:

:wave: Thanks for that. I had noticed that as well

how do you "set" it to run? all i know is they give you boxes to check for tuesday - saturday and, while i didn't quite understand that someone advised me to check them all and that waivers will go the way i need... :-/

Due to the wednesday game last week i turned waivers off so my league makes could make pickups until the sunday games. Yesterday I just checked the box to turn waivers on and chose wednesday at 2 AM as the waiver run date and time. Ran as normal.

There was one problrm however, after waivers ran at 2 AM, I could not pick up any free agents. When i woke up this morning that functionality was restored.

CBS said they were having issues. Like i said i thought it was me who messed something up but it was not. I just talked to guy in the league and he said that the transactions went through this morning around the right time(2am) but when he woke up they were gone.

CBS said they were having issues. Like i said i thought it was me who messed something up but it was not. I just talked to guy in the league and he said that the transactions went through this morning around the right time(2am) but when he woke up they were gone.

That's pretty much what happened in the league that I am in (not a commish). Me and another person were able to get a player each last night without using our waivers, then one other dude did use his waivers for 2 players and got them. I check back a couple hours ago and noticed that the 4 players that were picked up amongst the three of us were no longer on our teams. I also noticed that all the free agent pickups are now saying waivers don't clear on them until 9/13. I'm wondering if this fixes itself or do we go through this all again tonight?

That's pretty much what happened in the league that I am in (not a commish). Me and another person were able to get a player each last night without using our waivers, then one other dude did use his waivers for 2 players and got them. I check back a couple hours ago and noticed that the 4 players that were picked up amongst the three of us were no longer on our teams. I also noticed that all the free agent pickups are now saying waivers don't clear on them until 9/13. I'm wondering if this fixes itself or do we go through this all again tonight?

Im glad i did not get up at 2:30am to get players. I usually stay up till then or set alarm to i can get a head start on players who hadnt been claimed :ninja: Id been pissed if got up

Im glad i did not get up at 2:30am to get players. I usually stay up till then or set alarm to i can get a head start on players who hadnt been claimed :ninja: Id been pissed if got up

LOL, yeah I had my alarm set and everything. Now I don't know what's going to happen.

I just clicked on my league and found this message was on screen :unsure: :wacko: I guess i should click OK.

Waivers Didn't Run

Date: Wed Sep 12 12:39:30 2012

We apologize for the inconveniences caused by the failure of our waiver process to engage. In order to correct this issue, we had to restore your rosters and we set your waiver process to run tonight (roughly 2am ET Thursday). You should NOT have to change any of your league setting.

I just clicked on my league and found this message was on screen :unsure: :wacko: I guess i should click OK.

do what you want, but i clicked "no, it's not ok, you douchebags! you caused me alot of griping and now one of my leaguemates thinks i cheat!"

do what you want, but i clicked "no, it's not ok, you douchebags! you caused me alot of griping and now one of my leaguemates thinks i cheat!"

:lol:

Guy in league im commish in, is the commish in another one of our CBS leagues that nothing happened to. So of course the smart ass is blaming me.

There is one potentially BIG issue with all of this. I just asked CBS this.

What happens if teams that placed waivers last night and got the players they claimed but got erased when waivers messed up, dont get those players because another team now decided to claim that player?

I have heard from 2 guys in the league that were up at 2am when the waivers actually went through and the players they claimed were on their team. Id be pissed to if i claimed a player and got him but tonight someone else with higher waiver claim decides to claim him and does.

There is one potentially BIG issue with all of this. I just asked CBS this.

What happens if teams that placed waivers last night and got the players they claimed but got erased when waivers messed up, dont get those players because another team now decided to claim that player?

I have heard from 2 guys in the league that were up at 2am when the waivers actually went through and the players they claimed were on their team. Id be pissed to if i claimed a player and got him but tonight someone else with higher waiver claim decides to claim him and does.

i already got that from one guy as well. although he didn't get players through a waiver, they suddenly became free agents and he grabbed them as such. all i can really say is that it's all beyond my control. but this sort of thing is where these website related screw-ups can really hurt. i've had players in the past that felt they had been screwed in the ww process that quit the league. don't need that (stuff)