Sign in to follow this  
BTL99

Any chance Brent Celek is legit?

He went off last week. Like 8 catches for 150 yards. Is that a fluke or can he continue to put up big numbers?

He went off last week. Like 8 catches for 150 yards. Is that a fluke or can he continue to put up big numbers?

Legit as in a starter? yes top 10 IMO

but a stud that will finish as a top 3 TE option? (I believe he is #2 now in standard scoring) definetly not.. I can see them trying to get the run game going a little more and that will cause him to be a blocker alot more often..

I personally grabbed him of my waiver wire (10team ppr) when I lost Hernandez and I can see between the two of them getting very decent TE scoring all season long.

Define "legit".

If you are expecting him to get 150 yards every week, then he is not legit. If you are expecting him to be better than Gronkowski and Graham, then he is not legit.

If you are expecting him to be a top 10 TE, then he is legit. In his last 5 games (going back to last year), he is averaging over 100 ypg and he has 3 TD's during that stretch.

Going further than this . . . Vick was injured last year, and struggled. The year before, when he re-established himself, he dragged along a theretofore inconsistent TE named Brent Celek, who proceeded to have a career year.

What he's started this year should not be unexpected, as Vick favors him as a target. I think the fact that he's gotten off to such a fine start says an awful lot about the connection that these two still have. So . . . LEGIT, yes.

I think so..With DJax an Maclin ailing, I think that makes him a great option for more targets..I think hes a very solid start..

sounds good...I will take top 10.....I lost Hernandez...so I will take a top 10 replacement