Sign in to follow this  
McBain

Marques Colson and rest of Saints receivers

What's your read of Colston right now? He's been a disappointment, but typically he has a mix of mediocre games and 1-2 TDs games.

Right now he's dealing with plantar fasciitis, the same foot injury suffered by Antonio Gates. He's playing through it, but I think it's limiting him. What's disturbing is he played less snaps than Lance Moore and Devery Henderson last week. 32 to Lance and Devery +50. He only got 4 targets while Lance and Devery got 7.

Looks like good news if you have Lance as teams will take away Graham first. I picked up Devery. What's Henderson's history when Colston was out?

What's your read of Colston right now? He's been a disappointment, but typically he has a mix of mediocre games and 1-2 TDs games.

Right now he's dealing with plantar fasciitis, the same foot injury suffered by Antonio Gates. He's playing through it, but I think it's limiting him. What's disturbing is he played less snaps than Lance Moore and Devery Henderson last week. 32 to Lance and Devery +50. He only got 4 targets while Lance and Devery got 7.

Looks like good news if you have Lance as teams will take away Graham first. I picked up Devery. What's Henderson's history when Colston was out?

Not sure about Henderson but I have now benched Colston until he does something, I have better options capable

of getting me more than 1 or 2 points a week.

Colston fumbled a definite TD in week 1. And then he dropped a pass in the end zone in week 3.

The whole team's in a funk.

But Colston is getting chances to score.

Just a comment to say that, as a long time, weekend warrior athletic minded guy, with plantar fasciitis in both feet (was more acute on one of them for me though), it's a ###### to get rid of, play though and the only real cure is a few months rest for it. Running, jumping, cutting are probably the worst things for it.

You can tape your feet and of course, he'll be receiving world class sports medicine and PT, but it's a ######. Patrick Ewing never got over his acute case and Gates essentially tore tendons on the bottom of his feet as a result of it.

I'm sure he'll play through it and be decent.. but I bet he's not at 100% all season. Luckily, he's not a guy who's absolutely reliant on his speed.

If this Rotoworld report is true, his foot is no longer a concern.

"Latest NewsRecent NewsMarques Colston (foot) is practicing in full this week.FOX Sports' Jay Glazer reported Sunday Colston had been dealing with a case of plantar fasciitis, but that he made a breakthrough in his recovery in Week 2. Colston has just 10 catches through three games, but could be in for a breakout game against the Packers in a showdown that figures to be a shootout. Sep 26 - 2:48 PM"

Colston always looks tempting because you can get him so cheap at our auction compared to his draft ranking on most sites. Then I remember how much he sucks and how over-rated he is. He's great if you need a guy to get you 2 catches for 17 yards 3 weeks in a row and then go off for 158 and 3 TDs the 4th week when you bench him.

We'll definitely know his status this week against the Packers. It's going to be a shoot out and he needs to make plays. I'm just curious as to why he only took half the amount of snaps Lance and Devery got.