Sign in to follow this  
Jarvis Basnight

Rest of the Way Rankings

Anyone looking at this like I do each week? I'm afraid I think they are really bad. I don't get guys like Peyton, Reggie Bush, and even Greg Jennings dropping so low if they are "rest of the way" rankings.

Discussion worthy? I think this could be a valuable tool for trades if I didn't believe it was such a mess.

Anyone looking at this like I do each week? I'm afraid I think they are really bad. I don't get guys like Peyton, Reggie Bush, and even Greg Jennings dropping so low if they are "rest of the way" rankings.

Discussion worthy? I think this could be a valuable tool for trades if I didn't believe it was such a mess.

I was gonna make a post similar to this after week 1. They had Cobb as like the 29th WR. Way too quick a rise from flier to WR 3. Also had Pitta around TE 26 in tier 4, with Dickson higher. Both seemed way off to me.

Looking at them now they still seem to love Cook. I wouldn't drop Olsen, Daniels, Miller or Rudolph for him at this point.

Also Alf and Forte deserve a bump into tier 2. Anyone want to trade those guys for Doug Martin?

Anyone think Fred Jackson has more value than CJ Spiller?

These guys are asleep at the wheel.

As a bills fan I would rather have FJAX than spiller, if both stay healthy Fred is the guy. Probably a 60-40 split, with FJAX getting most the goaline work.

As a bills fan I would rather have FJAX than spiller, if both stay healthy Fred is the guy. Probably a 60-40 split, with FJAX getting most the goaline work.

I disagree with you on Fred being the RB to own from here on for the Bills. Spiller has much more HR ability to offer than Jackson and he is only going to gain carries/catches, not lose them. Jackson is the one who has already lost some ground and stands to lose more.

I disagree with you on Fred being the RB to own from here on for the Bills. Spiller has much more HR ability to offer than Jackson and he is only going to gain carries/catches, not lose them. Jackson is the one who has already lost some ground and stands to lose more.

I am not sure you know what you are talking about. Ok, so FJAX may have gone from the unquestioned starter to 60-40 timeshare, so yes he lost ground, but he will still get the majority of carries and goaline work. Spiller, as shown last week, tends to put the ball of the ground, FJAX does not so he is more trusted by the coaching staff. Spiller has one carry over 50 yards, in garbage time against the jets second stringers, before that he had a career long of 38 yards. That is not to say he doesn't have HR ability, but is completely false to say he offers "much more HR ability" than FJAX. Barring injury FJAX is the back to own (although they will dilute eachother's value).

I am not sure you know what you are talking about. Ok, so FJAX may have gone from the unquestioned starter to 60-40 timeshare, so yes he lost ground, but he will still get the majority of carries and goaline work. Spiller, as shown last week, tends to put the ball of the ground, FJAX does not so he is more trusted by the coaching staff. Spiller has one carry over 50 yards, in garbage time against the jets second stringers, before that he had a career long of 38 yards. That is not to say he doesn't have HR ability, but is completely false to say he offers "much more HR ability" than FJAX. Barring injury FJAX is the back to own (although they will dilute eachother's value).

FWIW every Bills fan I know says FJAX. I take their (your) word over an outsiders.

I was offered Spiller and Dez for S Jax and Bowe...I declined as a result of what I've been told.

i agree and hope this doesnt continue as bills rb discussion. if so please delete and repost. seems even though its still called rest of the way its more of a what have you done for me lately. i want it to be more great too.

FJax is no Spiller. Love Spiller and he is now the new #1 back. Green Bay is done and Jennings is a tier 6 WR at best.

Just discovered CBS's trade valuation chart. Seems like a good tool

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasyfootball/story/20434936/week-5-fantasy-football-trade-value-chart

P.S. It's telling me to accept the offer of giving Doug Martin for D. Thomas. I think I might.

I've looked this over before too. I can't use it because my league's point system is way off from a standard scoring league. It's not a bad tool to use if you believe in the amounts that those doofuses there put on the players. Eisenberg isn't horrible, but the other 2 are just drawing checks.