Sign in to follow this  
veebs4

Continuing Hot Topic: Ridley

I love what Ridley is doing this year, and, based on the other lengthy Ridley thread and BB's comments (Stevan Ridley discussion), they appear much more committed to the run than they have in a long time. I have heard a lot about the debate to keep or trade, and was wondering what you all thought of his trade value for a WR. Is it something like:

Wallace

Julio J.

Colston

Wes Welker

M. Austin

Or am I valuing too low? I can't seem to get a good read on him.

my take is that it's starting to get to that point of the year where trade "values" depend less and less about "where would they go if you redrafted today" and more about the respective roster needs of you and your prospective trading partner. i could totally see ridley fetching the value of the wr's you listed...or not...depending on the needs of the owner of those players.

Agreed. Need drives a lot. I guess the question was meant to be posed assuming a moderate to strong need at RB. Obviously, an owner wouldn't be able to move Ridley to a team with Foster-MJD and get that kind of value in return.

Also, most savvy traders ignore where players where drafted when deciding to execute trades in season. that is a rook move, and I typically can't trade with them anyway.

I love what Ridley is doing this year, and, based on the other lengthy Ridley thread and BB's comments (Stevan Ridley discussion), they appear much more committed to the run than they have in a long time. I have heard a lot about the debate to keep or trade, and was wondering what you all thought of his trade value for a WR. Is it something like:

Wallace

Julio J.

Colston

Wes Welker

M. Austin

Or am I valuing too low? I can't seem to get a good read on him.

That seems about right, and thats probably close to the order I would rank those WR's, although I think many would prefer Julio. Don't think that is going too low, as there are not many more WRs that are clearly above that group. Outside of Calvin/AJ Green, there is not much consensus for WR.

You can probably get a trade like that to work if you can find an owner with better WR depth than Rb.

While not quite a wr, as I posted in the another thread, I traded ridley + daniels for gronk. I think I may have overpaid slightly, but I had good rb depth and after owning bjge last year and the emergence of the other rbs in NE, I wanted to sell high and get out of that situation.

Also, most savvy traders ignore where players where drafted when deciding to execute trades in season. that is a rook move, and I typically can't trade with them anyway.

What I'm taking from this is that you can't trade with guys who still value players based on preseason rankings. I've got to believe it's because you're trying to sell your players without good preseason rankings for their players who did rank high but haven't done much yet. You're trying to sell high because you actually believe more in the players with the higher preseason rankings yourself. So why is it a rook move for them to still give value to their underachievers?

Am I wrong here?

I have Ridley, but I'm not all that enamored with him. He gets no receptions and Belichick replaces him too often.

He's obviously talented, but fantasy wise I expect his points will be very inconsistent.

I have Ridley, but I'm not all that enamored with him. He gets no receptions and Belichick replaces him too often.

He's obviously talented, but fantasy wise I expect his points will be very inconsistent.

Did you expect a lot of receptions this year for Ridley? I expected a similar role as BJGE got in the past so I've been pleasantly surprised at his carries and catches.

And again someone brings up consistency. Who are you going to trade Ridley for that will offer more consistency?

Do you or don't you expect his numbers to continue? If you do, he's on pace for 1500 total and 12 TD's, which would probably make him a late first or early second rounder next year. In that case, treat him like one.

If you don't, then figure out what you do expect.

If you're thinking to yourself, quite rationally, "yeah, but if I regard him as a first round value, then that would mean I could only trade him for like Calvin Johnson, and nobody's going to give up Calvin for him," then you're starting to get it. FF'ers in general are WAY too slow to adjust player values when it becomes clear they need adjustment.

I don't think Ridely QUITE reaches that level, since his games are really tough down the stretch. But I think 1300 total and 10 TD's is safe. If I can't get a top 5 WR for him, I'm staying put, and/or making my moves in a different direction.

"Name value" is BS in a game decided entirely by math. If I think Ridley gives me well over a thousand yards, and 10 or more TD's on the season, I don't give him up for somebody who doesn't give me back that kind of value, even if his replacement's a much bigger "star," whatever the hell that is.

I just traded Ridley + Julio Jones for Ray Rice. Pretty sure I overpaid but, I felt comfortable with Reggie Wayne and Torrey Smith. Ridley should put up 1000+ and 10+ by years end, but the output will probably be very volatile from week to week. Loses 3rd down work and passing situations to Woodhead - not to mention the fear that one lost fumble may lead Ridley to be supplanted by Bolden.

I just traded Ridley + Julio Jones for Ray Rice. Pretty sure I overpaid but, I felt comfortable with Reggie Wayne and Torrey Smith. Ridley should put up 1000+ and 10+ by years end, but the output will probably be very volatile from week to week. Loses 3rd down work and passing situations to Woodhead - not to mention the fear that one lost fumble may lead Ridley to be supplanted by Bolden.

I'm currently floating Rildey and Wayne for Rice. Just to see what Rice's owner thinks

That is the kind of trade I'd probably do to. You're taking a chance by giving up 2 really good players but getting the best player in the deal.

I'm currently floating Rildey and Wayne for Rice. Just to see what Rice's owner thinks

I can tell you this Rice owner would say no but I may be in a better all around situation than the guy you're offering to.

I can tell you this Rice owner would say no but I may be in a better all around situation than the guy you're offering to.

He's starting James Jones this week so mayyyybe. I don't think he'll accept either. He'll probably counter with Ridley and Julio, which I wont accept.

He's starting James Jones this week so mayyyybe. I don't think he'll accept either. He'll probably counter with Ridley and Julio, which I wont accept.

Interesting. That's the exact trade which fingerbang just mentioned. Apparently you don't feel good enough about rolling with Reggie Wayne from here on....or you have confidence in Ridley. Which is it?

Interesting. That's the exact trade which fingerbang just mentioned. Apparently you don't feel good enough about rolling with Reggie Wayne from here on....or you have confidence in Ridley. Which is it?

I'm stacked at WR, Fingerbang's post gave me the idea. I like Ridley and Wayne, just checking into possibly adding a stud.

I'm stacked at WR, Fingerbang's post gave me the idea. I like Ridley and Wayne, just checking into possibly adding a stud.

If you're stacked at WR, why won't you do Ridley/Julio for Rice?

If you're stacked at WR, why won't you do Ridley/Julio for Rice?

Because I still have high hopes for Julio. Not at all worried about him disappearing the past 2 out of 3 weeks.

This is pretty crazy...because my first offer was Ridley + Reggie Wayne and he was close to going for it, but it ultimately took Ridley + Julio. Based on his lineup I knew he wouldn't make the trade after this week so I decided to take a chance.

This is pretty crazy...because my first offer was Ridley + Reggie Wayne and he was close to going for it, but it ultimately took Ridley + Julio. Based on his lineup I knew he wouldn't make the trade after this week so I decided to take a chance.

That's too weird.

I just can't give up on Jone's ceiling.

That's too weird.

I just can't give up on Jone's ceiling.

Me too but I am wondering if this is just a case of overhype and for some reason, EVERYONE buying in. I have him as well but am losing hope. He gets one more automatic start. As far as Ridley, he seems legit, I am just more and more buying into the idea the Bellichik does what ever it takes to win. Meaning he will mess with more than most coaches tweaking Ridley's fantasy value. To me, until he produces more regularly, low end 1RB.

Me too but I am wondering if this is just a case of overhype and for some reason, EVERYONE buying in. I have him as well but am losing hope. He gets one more automatic start. As far as Ridley, he seems legit, I am just more and more buying into the idea the Bellichik does what ever it takes to win. Meaning he will mess with more than most coaches tweaking Ridley's fantasy value. To me, until he produces more regularly, low end 1RB.

I understand where you are coming from. Less risk with Rice. Good luck :cheers:

What I'm taking from this is that you can't trade with guys who still value players based on preseason rankings. I've got to believe it's because you're trying to sell your players without good preseason rankings for their players who did rank high but haven't done much yet. You're trying to sell high because you actually believe more in the players with the higher preseason rankings yourself. So why is it a rook move for them to still give value to their underachievers?

Am I wrong here?

Many in the league, as someone else pointed out, look at where they drafted players this year, hold on to that idea while evaluating trades, ignoring actual performance on the field. Thanks for all the responses, and I like the ideas floated here. My situation is screaming for an upgrade at WR (Decker, AJ, Dez, DHB, and Nate Washington), while my depth at RB gives me the option (Ridley, MJD, T-Rich,. M. Bush). I like what Wayne is developing and the situation (passing a lot due to being behind), and was considering a Ridley or Ridley+ for Wayne.

As usual, this board is my go to resource.

I want to take a golf club to Bellechik and McDaniels throats.

Ridley has been running like a focking stallion, give the motherfocker the TD you filthy wh0res!!! :mad:

:cry: