Sign in to follow this  
giraldi02

Michael Vick

I was just offered Vick in my main money league for Fitzpatrick and Antonio Brown. I'm considering doing the trade as my WR depth is sufficient and I dont trust Fitzpatrick for the duration of the season, not to mention Vick's upcoming schedule features some MAJOR juicy matchups.

For all the people that are clamoring that Nick Foles gets a chance, Vick has led this Eagles team to four 4th quarter comebacks and it would've been four game winning drives if the defense could've gotten off the field on 3rd down. I don't believe the turnovers can continue the rate they are either...so it begs the question...

is anyone actually buying Vick, and if so...what are you're expectations?

If you're trying to sell Vick, what are you expecting to get in return for him?

If you're holding...how long are you doing so and are you benching him for an alternative?

I own him and have started him every week with less and less confidence. I don't like the options I see on the trade market (and trades are rarely made in this league) so I will play based on matchups - my other options are Ponder & Fitzpatrick.

Well, he's obviously not a sell. His value has completely bottomed out, and I don't think anybody anywhere is giving good value for him at this point. If I had him, I'd sit on him and hope the ship righted itself. It's got a fair chance to, since he's always been productive when he and his team are healthy, and aren't playing particularly good D's. Which is pretty much what it looks like will be happening coming up.

I think he's a decent buy-low opportunity, but I wouldn't go giving up the farm for him or anything. An Antonio Brown seems like a fair swap. I DO think Vick ends up the year far more valuable than Brown does, but my confidence level isn't really very high, so I wouldn't put a price tag any higher than that on him.

I think he's got a good chance to return good value, as long as you don't pay too much for the risk.

I think he has gone from a must-start potential game breaking QB to just a decent one that is worth a matchup play.

He will still be ok if you don't have to rely on him solely and can play him when he faces an easy matchup, but he has had a very tough schedule to this point.

That being said, I wouldn't sell because you are not going to get much and the schedule will ease up a bunch. In your case I would probably do that trade. Brown is just another WR2 in a year where there are a ton of options and he doesn't get in to the endzone.

I have him in one league, and will hold on him. I've been playing the matchup game with him and Luck. Works pretty well.

In another league, I am trying to buy. Talked to the owner last night and he was interested in Ponder and Hartline. I sent the offer this morning.

I think he blows up this week at home vs Detroit in what should be a shootout. I'm starting him over Peyton. I personally don't like him and only drafted him because I draft QB's later then most and he was best available. I don't think the turnovers will continue at the rate they are and he has a lot of nice weapons around him. I would hold, play the match-up's. He still could/should finish as a top 10 QB.

He's done.

That magicial 2010 season is a thing of the past. Andy Reid has ruined his game.

I agree. It's like 2010 was a fluke.