Sign in to follow this  
gcmmidwest

Elf Week 6 Tourney $5

few good sleeper backs this week

I really almost went with a $6000 Qb and pulled the trigger but couldnt do it

As long as his name isn't Sanchez, I think you have a shot.

I really almost went with a $6000 Qb and pulled the trigger but couldnt do it

why you questioning kolb? he will have a good game against buffalo

does this site have an option for no salary cap liek the fandaygames.com site? i just signed up but cant find that option

no 55k 60k 65k

I jumped in. Need 1 more.

Not sure the point of having no salary cap. So everyone can just pick ALL the best players? Seems like it would make for a lot of duplicate entries with Matt Ryan, Arian Foster, Ray Rice, Calvin Johnson, etc. every week. Salary cap makes you look for value and pick and choose your places to use studs and/or sleepers.

I just signed up because I ran into this thread and it gave me a 10 dollar bonus because I followed your link. I hope you get a kick back too!

wow I thought mendenhall would be on almost every team

What was the price on Mendenhall? I didn't put a ton of thought in to it because I don't usually play the Thursday night games on Fanduel. I focus on Sundays. I just saw Vick Ballard for $4500 and decided to build around him. Used Big Ben and Brown because I liked their prices and wanted some "action" on the game.

mendy :wall:

bads news is i played him in 5 other head to head line ups :doh:

good news is they also played him :doublethumbsup:

What was the price on Mendenhall? I didn't put a ton of thought in to it because I don't usually play the Thursday night games on Fanduel. I focus on Sundays. I just saw Vick Ballard for $4500 and decided to build around him. Used Big Ben and Brown because I liked their prices and wanted some "action" on the game.

mendy was only $6100

this is my 55k line up in about 20 heads up matches

QB Matt RyanOAK@ATL$9,000

RB Vick BallardIND@NYJ$4,500

RB LeSean McCoyDET@PHI$8,100

WR Anquan BoldinDAL@BAL$5,700

WR Demaryius ThomasDEN@SD$6,800

WR DeSean JacksonDET@PHI$6,200

TE Dustin KellerIND@NYJ$4,700

K Mike NugentCIN@CLE$5,000

D Arizona CardinalsBUF@ARI$5,000

Just withdrew $400 ...,got $80 to build it back up ..,mostly head up & 50/50"s & couple big tourneys to give give my shot @ some bigger ..,payouts..,feeling pretty good about the line up above..,feel free to copy & thank me later

gcmmidwest, Just curious about your FanDuel strategy. Not so much which players to choose, but, which leagues.

I've found a little success in FanDuel leagues, though it was mostly last year. Haven't been able to get in the winner's circle very much thus far this year. I have usually avoided the 50/50 leagues because of the lower payouts, but, it seems like I'm reading more and more about success to be had there. I guess the 50/50 strategy is more about a steady, higher "batting" average as opposed to playing the winner take all "swing for the fence" leagues, which I've been more involved in.

I'm giving your 55K lineup a try in one league, although, I'll be honest, I got a little cold feet on Keller coming back from injury this week. And, let me tell ya, it was not easy to find a replacement for his $4700 salary! I ended up going with Fleener, who had a decent week vs GB last week with 5 catches for 41 yards.

How the fock did I pull this one out this week? I guess I got lucky that my team was just barely not crappy enough to win. Wish I could come anywhere near first in the other leagues.

gcmmidwest, Just curious about your FanDuel strategy. Not so much which players to choose, but, which leagues.

I've found a little success in FanDuel leagues, though it was mostly last year. Haven't been able to get in the winner's circle very much thus far this year. I have usually avoided the 50/50 leagues because of the lower payouts, but, it seems like I'm reading more and more about success to be had there. I guess the 50/50 strategy is more about a steady, higher "batting" average as opposed to playing the winner take all "swing for the fence" leagues, which I've been more involved in.

I'm giving your 55K lineup a try in one league, although, I'll be honest, I got a little cold feet on Keller coming back from injury this week. And, let me tell ya, it was not easy to find a replacement for his $4700 salary! I ended up going with Fleener, who had a decent week vs GB last week with 5 catches for 41 yards.

I think it's really about having a good mixture of leagues, and also what your goals are. If you just want to build a bankroll, then playing the H2H, 50/50 leagues, and 3 man leagues are probably the way to go. If you can build a solid lineup most weeks, then the variance here shouldn't be very high. One word of advice though: Do NOT post H2H games in the lobby. They will consistently be gobbled up by some of the top players on the site.

With your winnings from the lower variance leagues, you should then also take some shots in the GPP's. This is how you can truly build your bankroll and give yourself the ability to play greater volume and limits. You just have to get lucky once or twice for a big cash in a larger field tournament. Just know that there are different strategies you can use for head to heads versus larger field leagues. In H2H and 50/50 leagues, you want consistency. You want those guys who you feel are a safe bet to get you 10-20 points. This mostly comes in the form of QB's and RB's. But in larger field tournaments, you need to get lucky, so this is where the boom or bust type guys can be worth the reward. Just my opinion.

By the way, I had a pretty awful week. I think I won a $50 3 man and that is about it. I used Matt Ryan as the anchor of most of my teams, and obviously that didn't turn out well. I was also pretty high on Trent Richardson, who got injured, and Ryan Mathews, who was mediocre.