Sign in to follow this  
josepaz2

Commissioner Cheating?

Waivers just cleared and I noticed that the commissioner landed Felix Jones.

I have a 3-3 record and have not made any waiver claims in 2 weeks.

He has a 4-2 record and has made 5 waiver moves in the last 2 weeks.

My only waiver claim was for Felix Jones.

HOW THE FOCK DID HE GET FELIX? :ninja:

Waiver settings are set to: Waiver Type: Continual rolling list

I'm not very familiar with Yahoo rules, can someone please shine some light on this?

If he changed the settings, you'll be able to see it under league activity (I use ESPN. Not sure what it's called for yahoo).

Continual rolling list: waiver claims are processed in waiver priority order and each successful claim moves a manager to the end of the waiver priority list

I'm a commish in Yahoo. If he indeed changed the waiver order it will show up in the Recent Updates page below the Transactions page. It will show date & time also since he had to use the Commish Tools option to change it.

Just make sure you haven't indeed made a waiver claim before you punch him in the face in front of his wife & kids.

I'm a commish in Yahoo. If he indeed changed the waiver order it will show up in the Recent Updates page below the Transactions page. It will show date & time also since he had to use the Commish Tools option to change it.

Just make sure you haven't indeed made a waiver claim before you punch him in the face in front of his wife & kids.

Yeah, I don't use Yahoo, but most sites make it where if a commish changes something like this it is documented. I'd investigate before you call him a cheater.

Most times the person (you in this case) is simply mistaken. As in you made a waiver claim you forgot about and were indeed lower on the list than you thought.

You could also look at the past transactions and simply look at adds, and just look at the "from" column for those that were from "Waivers" to see if his last waiver claim was more recent than yours.

Just double checked that I did NOT have any waiver claims since Oct 4th. He has made 5 since then.

I don't see anything that says Recent Updates. Are you sure this page isn't only visible to commissioners?

I am not sure how it works on Yahoo, but some Teams confuse "Transactions" with "Waivers" as our league only runs Waivers one time early Wednesday morning. After that teams can pick up as many players as they want and not effect their place in the Waiver order. I have been known to set my alarm for 2am and make all my pickups after waivers have run, and stay on top of the waiver order.

Just double checked that I did NOT have any waiver claims since Oct 4th. He has made 5 since then.

I don't see anything that says Recent Updates. Are you sure this page isn't only visible to commissioners?

It's right below where it shows all the transactions on the lower left part of your leagues home page. It shows any smack talk or league messages there. It has options for seeing all of the updates or even just any commish changes as well.

I am not sure how it works on Yahoo, but some Teams confuse "Transactions" with "Waivers" as our league only runs Waivers one time early Wednesday morning. After that teams can pick up as many players as they want and not effect their place in the Waiver order. I have been known to set my alarm for 2am and make all my pickups after waivers have run, and stay on top of the waiver order.

I do this as well. I make a list on Tuesday night & set an alarm so I get 1st dibs on any players who cleared waivers 1st. Drives the girlfriend nuts being woken up every Wednesday morning but she gets spoiled from the winnings at the end of the year.

I suspect this is the case jose - if the commish is making moves after waivers are over then he's not using up his waiver priority.

I suspect this is the case jose - if the commish is making moves after waivers are over then he's not using up his waiver priority.

Looks like you guys are right. All of his moves have been free agent adds. I've never played in a league with "Rolling Waivers" and I was under the impression that ANY type of add would reset you to the bottom. That along with the fact that he has not been very clear with the league about things and also screwed up the draft (I was supposed to have 3rd pick but got 6th because he forgot to set the order and it randomized) made me think he was cheating.

Good to know though. I'm definitely using this strategy from now on too. Would have sucked to have punched him in the face in front of his wife and unborn son. :rolleyes:

Sorry, it actually goes from top to bottom on the left side of the home page:

1. Standings

2. Transactions

3.Commissioners Notes

4. Messages

5. Recent Updates

Recent updates is the section at the bottom left, this is where it will show if he indeed changed the waiver order.

FYI: You do know if you put a claim on a player that was dropped for a waiver wire player on Wednesday, that indeed affects your waiver priority. In your Standings section to the left of the number of transactions you've made it should show your waiver priority number also. If you truly have a waiver system set up, this will accurately display your waiver priority in regards to the rest of your league mates.

Is your waiver wire a continual rolling list, is it based on record?

No. This means that your waiver order is set at the beginning of the year however you choose to do it. Random, draft order, record last year, etc. Then, everytime you make a waiver claim, you move to the back of the line. So if after Week 1, the person with #3, 7, and 12 waiver spots all make a waiver claim. Now everyone in spots 4,5,6 move up a spot. The person who was 8th jumps to 6th. 9,10,11 all move up 2 spots. The person who was originally #3 will now be #10 the following week. #7 is 11th. #12 is again 12th.

I personally don't like it because the person who was #3 got his TOP waiver choice, but then he still ends up ahead of the other two people who made "lesser" claims the following week. So there is some strategy to it. If you are making a claim, u might as well make multiple claims, because it will not affect your spot in the order much.

Sorry, it actually goes from top to bottom on the left side of the home page:

1. Standings

2. Transactions

3.Commissioners Notes

4. Messages

5. Recent Updates

Recent updates is the section at the bottom left, this is where it will show if he indeed changed the waiver order.

FYI: You do know if you put a claim on a player that was dropped for a waiver wire player on Wednesday, that indeed affects your waiver priority. In your Standings section to the left of the number of transactions you've made it should show your waiver priority number also. If you truly have a waiver system set up, this will accurately display your waiver priority in regards to the rest of your league mates.

I see the "updates" section now. Thanks for clarifying.

Although it doesn't apply to the OP, you should always print a copy of your opponents line up. All this talk about looking in the transactions log means nothing.

Unless its recently changed, yahoo allows the commish to delete ANY transaction. I found out in 2007 when our commish Inserted a player from his bench on Sunday night after his flex player laid an egg. His actions destroyed a very competitive 12 team work league.

Although it doesn't apply to the OP, you should always print a copy of your opponents line up. All this talk about looking in the transactions log means nothing.

Unless its recently changed, yahoo allows the commish to delete ANY transaction. I found out in 2007 when our commish Inserted a player from his bench on Sunday night after his flex player laid an egg. His actions destroyed a very competitive 12 team work league.

uber-dbag-move.

yahoo does not reset waiver orders after each week.

It does of you set it that way. I'm on a rolling waiver league, a league that resets based on overall standings each week, and a FAAB league on Yahoo.

The original poster is confusing "moves" or "free agent add/drops"........with actual WAIVER claims which are processed once per week.

Free agents add/drops and trades do not affect your WAIVER priority.

The commish is not doing anything shady. He's simply making his moves AFTER the waivers are processed and keeping his waiver priority.

The original poster is confusing "moves" or "free agent add/drops"........with actual WAIVER claims which are processed once per week.

Free agents add/drops and trades do not affect your WAIVER priority.

The commish is not doing anything shady. He's simply making his moves AFTER the waivers are processed and keeping his waiver priority.

Everything you said is correct. The thing I still don't understand in Jose's OP, he stated he put in a waiver claim for Felix. He later acknowledged that the commish picked him up after waivers cleared but regardless of his waiver priority, Jose should've still gotten Felix had he made a claim.

I guess we'll have to assume Jose did not place a waiver. Plus, what the hell kind of league unless it was a 10-team league or less didn't have one owner put a claim in on a free agent running back with 6 teams on bye? I thought it was ridiculous that I got Felix with the #6 priority in my 12-team keeper league.

Everything you said is correct. The thing I still don't understand in Jose's OP, he stated he put in a waiver claim for Felix.

I think that for Felix he did put in a WW claim, but was ahead of the OP because all his other transactions were just free agent transactions and not WW.