Sign in to follow this  
jeffkomlo

WW RBs

F. Jones looks like the hot pick up this week for those with RB issues, Blount comes in second?

Who's next in this talented class of RBs?

Hardesty

Pierre Thomas

woodhead

Stewart

Richardson St. L

Tanner

Grimes

How's that ranking

Gosh this sure seems like 'who do I add'... but figuring out the rest of year RB situation is important.

Out of your list, I'd say Pierre Thomas first and foremost, if I could trade for him I would. The Saints "rediscovered" him last game and he almost single handedly saved their *** from the fire.

DRichardson after that. He just has a couple poor matchups and a bye coming up the next 3 weeks. NE could have some scoring in it though but maybe more from the passing game...

Tanner after that. I like him better than Felix. I have no idea what to make of Murray's injury, is this season long or just one game?

Somewhere in there I think should be mention of Andre Brown and Boldin. These guys seem down, but they may come back with a vengeanec starting this week. Trade for them if not on the WW.

Hardesty I like, but he only makes sense if Rich ain't playing and it looks like he will.

Out of your list, I'd say Pierre Thomas first and foremost, if I could trade for him I would. The Saints "rediscovered" him last game and he almost single handedly saved their *** from the fire.

How so? Admittedly, I didn't stay up to watch the end of that game, but he had one 36 yard catch and 9 additional touches for 34 yards. Didn't seem like he was targeted a bunch, wasn't used heavily in the 4th quarter, or in the red zone.

How so? Admittedly, I didn't stay up to watch the end of that game, but he had one 36 yard catch and 9 additional touches for 34 yards. Didn't seem like he was targeted a bunch, wasn't used heavily in the 4th quarter, or in the red zone.

He was effective when nobody else was, he had that one big screen catch and run you mention - which basically turned the game around - and a couple big runs. They turned to him in the 2nd half, and so a lot of that production was in half a game, I count 9 touches. He had a similar play against KC when he made a spectacular catch for a TD and the replacement refs made a horrible call overturning it. 70 yards and receiving opportunities is nothing to ignore from a WW RB and I also think he may get more in the near future. I have no idea how long Ingram will keep crowding out PT & Sproles, but I get the sense that the Saints will not tolerate being in the mud for too much longer offensively, and when I say 'in the mud' I mean at the clip of 25+ points per game as opposed to the 40+ they want to be at (and need to be at with the defense they have).

i'm debating starting Thomas vs Green. I've always liked Thomas since he helped big time off of the waiver wire some years back. He is the best option in the NO backfield, and I figure NO has to wake up and give him more touches.

But he just hasn't been given the rock enough this year.

Gosh this sure seems like 'who do I add'... but figuring out the rest of year RB situation is important.

DRichardson after that. He just has a couple poor matchups and a bye coming up the next 3 weeks. NE could have some scoring in it though but maybe more from the passing game...

Tanner after that. I like him better than Felix. I have no idea what to make of Murray's injury, is this season long or just one game?

Somewhere in there I think should be mention of Andre Brown and Boldin. These guys seem down, but they may come back with a vengeanec starting this week. Trade for them if not on the WW.

Hardesty I like, but he only makes sense if Rich ain't playing and it looks like he will.

No Blount? Like Thomas Blount has really been productive with the limited touches he's gotten as has been in the endzone twice in the last couple of weeks unlike Thomas.