Sign in to follow this  
jeffkomlo

NO vs. TB

M. Williams was pushed out of bounds, reestablished himself and caught TD with no time left

NO TD? NO REVIEW yelling so loud didn't hear explanation

It was the correct call. Freeman was out of the pocket, therefore there is no illegal contact call

you're rightg but Freeman also still had the ball in his hands when Williams reestablished. Thus Freeman not Williams was the 1st to touch the ball after being reestablished,

thats a stupid fockin rule in those circumstances :thumbsdown:

I am a bit confused as to why that isn't reviewable... I'm playing against Mike Williams in one of my leagues so I was happy that he didn't get the TD, but at the same damn time he clearly re-established himself in bounds IMHO. Odd

you're rightg but Freeman also still had the ball in his hands when Williams reestablished. Thus Freeman not Williams was the 1st to touch the ball after being reestablished,

:blink:

Um, he can't be the 1st to touch the ball after it's passed...doesn't matter when, it must touch another player first. The no-illegal contact part threw me but it was the correct call.

:blink:

Um, he can't be the 1st to touch the ball after it's passed...doesn't matter when, it must touch another player first. The no-illegal contact part threw me but it was the correct call.

THIS. It doesn't matter if he reestablishes himself. If you go out of bounds on your own or are legally knocked out of bounds, you can't be the first to touch the ball.

Not really that complex of a rule.

If the QB leaves the pocket, the defense has the right to push a WR out of bounds. That WR is now ineligible for the play unless the ball is tipped. If the QB doesn't leave the pocket, it's a penalty on the defense for illegal contact.

Heads up play by the Saints.