Sign in to follow this  
dream_team

What to do with Adrian Petersen?

16 members have voted

1. 1. What to do with Adrian Petersen

• Sell high now
    • Let him take you to the promise land

What would you do with Adrian Petersen right now?

AP is once again a Tier 1 Fantasy Running Back. And if there's a player you DO NOT ever get rid of, it's a Tier 1 RB.

At the same time, he has a brutal schedule coming up! Two games against the Bears, and a week 16 championship game against the Texans (whom have yet to give up a rushing TD this season). The Lions, Packers, and Rams are also not giving up many points to RBs. Not to mention, he still has a bye week. Then there's the question of whether his knee will hold up.

So if you're an AP owner, what would you do?

Like you said, Tier 1 RB's are hard to come by. You'd have to have a ridiculous backfield if you're trading away AP. Seattle boasted a top run defense & he just decimated them at home. Since I lost Jones-Drew to injury, I'm down to AP, Martin & Leshoure. Not a bad trio considering today but I need them all to stay healthy to continue my push for the playoffs.

I'm holding.

Unless you can get a Ray Rice or Arian Foster for him, I'd hang on to him.

ADP is pretty much back to form, and you'd have to be crazy to get rid of him regardless of the schedule in front of him. I'd start AP going up against a top defense over a RB2 playing against a bad defense any day.

I'm holding as well.

ADP is pretty much back to form, and you'd have to be crazy to get rid of him regardless of the schedule in front of him. I'd start AP going up against a top defense over a RB2 playing against a bad defense any day.

I'm holding as well.

Exactly. I guess you could target a QB (if you need one) and a lesser RB, but that seems risky.

I'm holding as well.

would not trade for rice...

All day is basically #2 on the food chain. If you can get foster, which doesn't make any sense for the foster owner, you don't move him...

Now if you've got 3 different needs and you can do ADP with a receiver and get a decent rb, qb and wr back in return, obviously those situations are very fluid and need to be evaluated on a 1-1 basis, but yeah, you gotta ride him to the playoffs and hopefully further on...

I have him on both of my teams. He is one of the greatest to ever play the game. And he is running as well as he ever has. No way I trade him. And yesterday was a clear example of the never bench your studs rule. 182 and 2 against the #3 run D on the road? That's what the great ones do. I will live and die with a RB like AP. :headbanger:

I cant see who or why you would be dealing a top end RB1? maybe in a dynasty format or if you were out of it and aiming for keepers?

other then that you throw schedule out with a Elite runner like AP

At the same time, he has a brutal schedule coming up! Two games against the Bears, and a week 16 championship game against the Texans (whom have yet to give up a rushing TD this season). The Lions, Packers, and Rams are also not giving up many points to RBs. Not to mention, he still has a bye week. Then there's the question of whether his knee will hold up.

So if you're an AP owner, what would you do?

Did you see what he did to Seattle's defense? They were really good until they faced him.

I just traded for Peterson 2 weeks ago and it has been a delightful 2 game ride. :wub:

You should probably trade him though because of his brutal upcoming schedule.