Sign in to follow this  
Gandalfthecat

Mendenhall gonna play

Lots of factors against:

Byron this Leftwich doesn't feel right.

Dwyer and Redman.

Other stuff I'm forgetting.

Any other owners out there feeling confident/worried?

Waitin all year for MendenFro, and I'm one loss from doing home improvements on Sundays. My plan was to start him right away, now Dwyer and Mendy will reduce carries, and I'm a better QB than Leftwich. That offense is a 3 and out machine. They will stack the box and stuff the run.

If he starts, I am playing him...heck can't do more than a point worse than Taiwan Jones last week.

Mendy thrived during Ben's suspension. They will run it a lot and dump it off a lot.

Starting him if he's named the starter. Its likely Dwyer will be inactive (happened last time all 3 were healthy) so at worst i expect a 60/40 split between him and redman, with a likely upside of 75/25 split. We could see the offense revolve around him, like Haley did with Charles in KC when their passing game was pathetic. Biggest risk is reaggrevating his injury, but really, most of us are going to use him as a flex option so you could do worse IMO.

Starting him if he's named the starter. Its likely Dwyer will be inactive (happened last time all 3 were healthy) so at worst i expect a 60/40 split between him and redman, with a likely upside of 75/25 split. We could see the offense revolve around him, like Haley did with Charles in KC when their passing game was pathetic. Biggest risk is reaggrevating his injury, but really, most of us are going to use him as a flex option so you could do worse IMO.

Too bad its not a 1pm game

Too bad its not a 1pm game

we'll see how practice goes, i kinda think we'll have a good idea by sunday. fwiw, i have dwyer too just in case.

Been waiting patiently the last 5 weeks for him to come back off his achilles injury. He will be starting for me at my RB#2 if he is going. If not I can also play Dwyer.

Yeah but that was with Rainey healthy. Now that he's out with broken ribs, it's possible that Tomlin dresses all three of Mendy/Redman/Dwyer. Not sure if all three would be used in the game, but trying to figure it out would be a huge headache. Not worth it to me. If Mendy looks good and gets the bulk of the work, I'll plug him in against the Browns next week.

Wow... Pitts going to inactivate their best back while mendy was out? What you smoking? :blink:

Wow... Pitts going to inactivate their best back while mendy was out? What you smoking? :blink:

I suspect all three will be active. I really don't think you can start Mendy unless Pitts comes out and says, "Mendy is starting this Sunday." I know what they've said in the past, but if you need to win your matchup, it's simply not enough.

Redman is under the impression that Mendy is gonna the start...so I'm going to speculate that the #1 back in PIT is going to get the "lions share" carries this week.

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasyfootball/players/playerpage/561926/rashard-mendenhall

My other options are Turner and the rest of the PIT backfield. I'm thinking Leftwich is probably gonna be pretty busy near the LOS, I'm gonna roll with Mendy. I'm hoping he gets at least 15-18 touches.

I also have H. Miller but probably gonna sit him if Hernandez plays this week. I'm not so sure that's a good idea.

I also have H. Miller but probably gonna sit him if Hernandez plays this week. I'm not so sure that's a good idea.

I'm rolling with Hernandez and Mendy too. Imagine if Welker misses out? That's nothing but gold for Mr. Hernandez.

As a life-long Pats fan, I never thought I'd be hoping to see Welker miss a game haha.

Ive got Dwyer and Mendy....im avoiding at least a game to see how this all plays out.

Pretty critical weeks...time to play your best guys...not your "hope" guys.

Ive got Dwyer and Mendy....im avoiding at least a game to see how this all plays out.

Pretty critical weeks...time to play your best guys...not your "hope" guys.

Agreed. Unfortunately, between Turner, Redman, Dwyer and Mendy...it looks like the ladder is the best numbah 2 guy I've got. :dunno:

thats the thing, most teams don't have 2 great start'em every week RB starters.

last time i played wait and see with mendy i missed his one good game. its clear when healthy he is the best back and has a great shot at an above avg game...better than a lot of options out there IMO.

Yeah but that was with Rainey healthy. Now that he's out with broken ribs, it's possible that Tomlin dresses all three of Mendy/Redman/Dwyer. Not sure if all three would be used in the game, but trying to figure it out would be a huge headache. Not worth it to me. If Mendy looks good and gets the bulk of the work, I'll plug him in against the Browns next week.

Except he isn't out, he's probable for this week. :o He played on MNF with the same injury, which he didn't aggravate, and he'll continue to play with a flak jacket on to protect his ribs. The issue is that Dwyer doesn't play ST; Rainey and Batch do. If they activate Mendenhall, and keep both Rainey and Batch active to play ST, they'll have to choose one of Redman/Dwyer to be active, or have 5 RBs active. While they could do that, it's not normal for them. Furthermore, IF Ben is able to come back in a few weeks, they're likely to have 3 active QBs (due to the possibility that he can re-aggravate his ribs/shoulder). If they do that, the chances of having 5 RBs also active are even smaller.

Except he isn't out, he's probable for this week. :o He played on MNF with the same injury, which he didn't aggravate, and he'll continue to play with a flak jacket on to protect his ribs. The issue is that Dwyer doesn't play ST; Rainey and Batch do. If they activate Mendenhall, and keep both Rainey and Batch active to play ST, they'll have to choose one of Redman/Dwyer to be active, or have 5 RBs active. While they could do that, it's not normal for them. Furthermore, IF Ben is able to come back in a few weeks, they're likely to have 3 active QBs (due to the possibility that he can re-aggravate his ribs/shoulder). If they do that, the chances of having 5 RBs also active are even smaller.

###### my bad. Did a quick browsing of Rotoworld, saw "partially broken rib will take several weeks to heal", and just assumed. I must have blanked on him being out there Monday night. Well if that's the case, then I would agree that Dwyer is the odd man out.