Sign in to follow this  
Uberjamb

Fitzgerald and Marshall.

So, I was looking at Larry Fitzgerald's 11 yard game today and I was thinking...

Why is it that, if Fitzgerald is this God of WRs as many people say, he simply cannot perform with a bad quarterback?

Whereas someone like Brandon Marshall seems to put up numbers no matter who is throwing.

Is Marshall just a lot better than Fitzgerald? Or is the QB play in AZ historically bad.

Discuss...

It's the targets an ineptitude. Look at dalton and green, he throws it up to him every game regardless of coverage or play. He simply throws it to him and prays. That's what an elite Wrs job is, to make plays regardless of coverage.

In az, they just don't throw to a covered fitz most of the time even tho he could make plays on those balls.

With all that said, I wouldn't be opposed to maybe saying its almost time to start calling Fitz a tad overrated.

Switched over to this game for awhile and Fitz put a sick move on the DB and was wide open for a TD. DB was 5 yards away. Skeltons throw wasn't even close to Fitz. Horrible

QB play is brutal. Since Arizona hangs in with their defense a lot of games, they don't take a lot of chances. Too bad he is wasting prime years playing with such inept QBs............

Arizona's QB situation is just that bad and they could have the worst O-line in the league. There just isn't much time to get a pass off. You are seeing a similar effect in Philadelphia with their banged up O-line.

Was Marshall putting up in good numbers in Miami? The whole premise of your argument is wrong. Nice try trolling though.

MIA

14 86 147 1,014 11.8 46 3 57 2 1

MIA

16 81 145 1,214 15.0 65 6 53 1 1

Just mediating here. I wouldn't say he put up great numbers, but Their good enough to not call someone a dumbfock for arguing the other way.

In my opinion, Fitz is just as talented as Marshall, but hasn't ever had the opportunities. Do you really think that LSH would perform as well as he looked this week if the entire defense's main concern wasn't on Fitz? Marshall didn't even have it as bad Fitz does now when he was in Miami. I think Fitz could've been in the conversation for greatest receivers of all time, if he was in the right opportunity. The guy's talent is elite, and he has a head on his shoulders. Considering all factors, I would take Fitz any day, but there are many other factors that come into play when considering numbers. This is just the honest opinion of a long time football fan and observer

REC TARG YARDS AVG TD

Brandon Marshall 561 939 7,151 12.7 41

Larry Fitzgerald 745 1013 10,211 13.7 77

Fitz is one year older and it still isn't close. Fitz>>>Marshall

Fitz with Cutler would be as good/better than Marshall with Cutler. Fitz would drop the ball less and have at least 2 more TD's than Marshall right now.

They're both great receivers. Marshall can be dominant but his hands aren't as good as Fitz.