Sign in to follow this  
BUCKEYES

Crazy dilemma.....need some input

All my years of playing fantasy football this is a first. Another team and I are battling for the final playoff spot in our division. As of now here are our records.

My record is 7 wins and 5 losses

His record is 7 wins and 3 losses and 2 ties (unbelievable)

We play each other this coming week. If I beat him I will have more wins but he has less losses. Of course we both have differing opinions on who should move on if I win this game. So let me hear what you guys have to say. Who moves on???

IMO, the most wins should move on.

Now, if 2 teams have the same number of wins, then ties > losses.

And if 2 teams have same exact record, then total points should break the tie.

Maybe you should do fractional points next year.

I agree something like this may not seem too complicated but when you're in a league with good friends you don't to tick anyone off so it's nice to hear responses from others who have nothing to gain or lose by stating their opinion.

Thank you for your response!

8-5 is equal to 7-4-2.

They are the exact same. They are both equal to .615 win%. Think of it like each win is worth 2 pts and each tie is 1 pt.

8 wins = 16 pts. 7 wins + 2 ties = 16 points.

It would then come down to your tiebreakers.

Under NFL rules ties are credited as 1/2 win & 1/2 loss. If you finish 8-5 and he finishes 7-4-2, i say your W-L records are identical (unless otherwise specified) and you should move onto the first tiebreaker.

Exactly what the previous poster said.

Under NFL rules ties are credited as 1/2 win & 1/2 loss. If you finish 8-5 and he finishes 7-4-2, i say your W-L records are identical (unless otherwise specified) and you should move onto the first tiebreaker.

Exactly what the previous poster said.

This. Not sure what your tiebreaker is but it should be the head to head matchup winner between you two.

Unless your league rules specify otherwise a tie = .5 wins, .5 losses.

Go to the tiebreakers.

yup, if you beat him, you guys are tied and the tiebreakers come into play. btw...good luck!

Many of you say most wins would advance but others say we are tied and then need to move to our leagues tie breakers. Opinions are pretty much divided. Any other opinions to this?

Why don't you just lose and then there would not be an issue?

LOL...If it comes to that then there won't be an issue

Well, just out of curiosity, what is your tiebreaker policy in the case that 2 teams have the same exact record?

I believe it starts head to head which we will be tied and then moves to division record which I will then lose. Looks like I am on the wrong end of this and my season is over.

Thanks for everyone's responses

Sorry, dude. I guess you could poll your league and see what everyone else thinks. Kinda hard when there's no policy in place.

There is a tie breaker policy in place. I just didn't think having more wins would actually mean we have the same record based on the situation. I lose the tie breaker

Whoever has most total points for the season moves on.

Not if there's divisions. It's gotta be head to head matchup since they were in the same division & then divisional record. Total points would be the 3rd tiebreaker.

Just my .02

Not if there's divisions. It's gotta be head to head matchup since they were in the same division & then divisional record. Total points would be the 3rd tiebreaker.

Just my .02

That is exactly how we break tie breakers

I've heard some interesting tie breaker rules ... like most points scored auto makes the playoffs ... interesting ... but it's so much easier to just follow NFL rules. End of argument.