Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Brian Urlacher Out

What does this loss mean for the Bears DST? Anyone a little worried starting them as their defense? And what about opposing QBs against them. Is anyone worried about starting their QB against them now?

The Bears still have a great defense, even without Urlacher. I'd continue to roll with them.

Anyways, this great news for me. I'm an ADP owner, as he's going up against the Bears this week!

I've said it before in several threads and it's worth repeating, the Bears are a fraud. The got fat off a cake schedule and opponent playing poorly early on. I think I pointed out in another thread they'd be lucky to finish 10-6 but 9-7 was more likely. With Urlacher out, and Jennings also out, they're a shell of what they were and expect Minny to "upset" them this week.

Here's my 1st hand take of da bears D:

(Homer here & observing season tix holder) The Def has fallen apart, (but not a "fraud"- as some cheesedick pointed out) Urlacher (OUT!-done for season), Briggs, and Peppers all are banged up and it was never more evident on Sunday. CB Tillman's foot is worse than reported (however, he could heal by week 15) It's the first time all season I've seen the D deviate from a straight Cover 2 to a 40% formation playing the Single High Safety scheme (single coverage) (perhaps to stop Wilson's down field looks)-but I don't think so; it will continue.

Yeah, Aaron's O line socks and is susceptible of pocket collapse, but he'll be lethal by using Cobb as the X (vs. Melton), and mixing in Findley (vs. Urlacher) and Jennings (vs. K.Hayden), and perhaps Tillman on Jordy. In short, by wk 15, the Bears D will be decimated and no match for ARod. (unfortunate and hurts to say, but it's reality) :cry: Also, If C Mathews is back, he'll wreck havoc on the O line thus putting ARod on offense a lot.

In summary: Nxt week, Bears D should match up "ok" vs. Vikes,(but AP will run all over them and The Reindeer will score -guaranteed) GO TO THE WIRE, and pick up another D for week 15, and perhaps, nxt week too. If you're lucky to get into wk 16, the D should be ok vs. AZ.

Anyways, this great news for me. I'm an ADP owner, as he's going up against the Bears this week!

:pointstosky:

Bears are only 7-16 when Urlacher sits. Nick Roach takes the MLB job; he's quicker, but not as intelligent. What's this mean? ..Roach could help contain Rudolph in the slot as well as rush Ponder a bit more... if Lovie decides to blitz more than he did 2 weeks ago.