Sign in to follow this  
pint

Trent Richardson Weeks 15 &16

Many of you fellow Trent Richardson owners have been riding him most of the year with nice results and he could be the reason that many of you made your playoffs but over his past 6 games has there been a trend established (rookie wall or slowed by injury) that might make you think twice if you have alternative options. His yards per carry over the past 6 games have been in order 5.1, 4.2, 3.4, 2.9, 3.6, & 2.3. That is a steady decline for six straight weeks with the exception of week 13 (and that week he had his second lowest yardage total of the 6 with 72 yards). Fortunately he has been finding the endzone but with TD's so hard to predict is Richardson a big risk against Washington (week 15) & Denver (week 16) who have top 10 run defenses?

Hard to believe there are many better options. He is a 3-down workhorse back who gets all of the carries including the goal line. With so many other concerns in an owner's lineup, TRich is one of the guys you just permanently place in the starting lineup. Never bench your studs. HTH.

Hard to believe there are many better options. He is a 3-down workhorse back who gets all of the carries including the goal line. With so many other concerns in an owner's lineup, TRich is one of the guys you just permanently place in the starting lineup. Never bench your studs. HTH.

yup. if you have the luxury of looking elsewhere, you're living large at this stage of the season. I do have him, CJ and Moreno in the league I'm still alive in, and am likely going to bench CJ in favor of Moreno, but never thought once of moving TRich out of there. Dude sniffs the endzone liek I sniff old ladies' shoes...

im playing jamaal and marshawn ahead of him this week right now.

i realize everyone else isnt gonna have the same options. fwiw ive got demarco back to keep him company too.

Since Moreno was brought up lets use him as an example as I think he fits the bill perfect for a alternative RB with a better matchup. If you had a RB like Moreno sitting on your bench facing a Ravens DEF that has been generous to RB's on the year and going to more than likely receive 20+ carries, would you think about playing someone of his caliber instead of Richardson?

Since Moreno was brought up lets use him as an example as I think he fits the bill perfect for a alternative RB with a better matchup. If you had a RB like Moreno sitting on your bench facing a Ravens DEF that has been generous to RB's on the year and going to more than likely receive 20+ carries, would you think about playing someone of his caliber instead of Richardson?

No. I've got TRich, Alf, Moreno, Ridley in that order this week. Ridley draws the short straw because, frankly, he isn't a stud and his matchup is bad. Don't get me wrong, Ridley has been great for me all year, but he isn't a stud. He's been getting most of his points in the 4th after the Pats build a big lead. That's not a stud. TRich is a stud.

I know first hand how many points Richardson has put on a weekly basis, in my non ppr league however since week 12 when Moreno took over the starting role, Richardson has only outscored Moreno by a little less than 3 points in that time span and thats with having 3 more scores than Moreno.

I can see the concern for Richardson. He has gotten a lot of tough yards this year and could be wearing down. I know he's been consistent but he hasn't really had that "blow up" game....kinda like Doug Martin had. Yes people...he's been consistent! Just sayin...

I just hope that Hardesty getting 10 carries in a game is not a trend.

I have TRich in my keeper league and my bigger concern is that he just isn't all that good. Keep hearing how he is dancing around and not hitting the holes with authority. Fantasy wise this year is a no-brainer. In my league he's the #6 RB overall, and #4 RB the past three weeks.

Not that I put too much emphasis on website rankings but this is what one popular website had in their write up for player rankings today regarding Richardson:

"Tough spot. Almost impossible to bench him, but his performance has been going downhill for over a month and the Redskins are tough vs. the run. If RG3 plays and the Browns are likely playing from behind, the Browns run:pass ratio is ridiculous when playing from behind. Consider benching him for RB2's like Knowshon Moreno and Reggie Bush."

Looks like some of the so called "experts" are also second guessing Richardson's possible production.

So that is another week and another fantasy total saved by a couple goal line TD's. His yard per carry has been horrible the past month+ and it's very apparent that when Cleveland gets down their run/pass ratio goes full tilt into pass. With a road game next up on the schedule against Denver who should have a lead rather quickly, who's starting him in the week that matters most? I'll be sitting him for Moreno this week as I did last week!

Source: ESPN.com - Jamison Hensley

Cleveland Browns head coach Pat Shurmur’s job may be in jeopardy because his team became one-dimensional with the play calling in Week 15. The Browns threw the ball 35 times and only ran the ball 15 times. After scoring two touchdowns in the first half, RB Trent Richardson only had two carries for zero yards in the second half. 'It's shocking,' Richardson said. 'But like I said, the game's much bigger than me. I've got to let Coach do what he does.'

[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ OUR VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]

Richardson is upset about his role and with good reason. He's a strong RB who can grind down a defense with multiple carries. We'll see if the Browns work to change the focus of the offense this week against the Broncos.