Sign in to follow this  
sprewell43

So did Brown fumble or not?

No. If you're talking about the 1st & goal play in the early 2nd Q...? It's considered an incomplete forward pass.

He fumbled when the Cin defender recovered and took it to the house. That was all on Brown. Unfortunately for you, it all depends on how your site scores it.

ETA: Just checked the box score and they credited it to Foles. Most likely because Brown never secured it so they can't say he fumbled it if he never had it, i guess.

This is why I loathe negative pts. That fumble was clearly Brown's fault as Foles made a perfect hand-off and Brown looked up and saw the defender and failed to secure the ball as a result. Foles gets the neg pts but it was Browns fault. Same with INTs. A lot of times they are the WRs fault but the QB gets the neg pts. Dumb.

I was happy to see that fumble taken away. He did so badly, stop complaining and let us Brown users have our 4 pts.

I had him in 2 of my 4 playoff leagues, including my big money league (well big to me). It would be embarrassing to lose before the championship when I've talked so much and already started trash talking the guy I expect to make the championship against me.

He fumbled when the Cin defender recovered and took it to the house. That was all on Brown. Unfortunately for you, it all depends on how your site scores it.

ETA: Just checked the box score and they credited it to Foles. Most likely because Brown never secured it so they can't say he fumbled it if he never had it, i guess.

This is why I loathe negative pts. That fumble was clearly Brown's fault as Foles made a perfect hand-off and Brown looked up and saw the defender and failed to secure the ball as a result. Foles gets the neg pts but it was Browns fault. Same with INTs. A lot of times they are the WRs fault but the QB gets the neg pts. Dumb.

You are correct. The fumble goes to Foles because Brown never secured it. However, that is pretty dumb for the example shown here. Foles did everything right and Brown screwed up.

Not likely to be changed, though.

All I know is 4.5 pts feels like 20 after watching that pathetic performance.....

Yeah, sorry to be negative to you Brown owners....just hope I dont lose by 2! Also it sucks that the write-up on NFL.com and espn say "Philadelphia Eagles running back Bryce Brown fumbles the ball, and Cincinnati Bengals defensive end goes ...."

Lastly, hey Patriotsfatboy, and I safe with Brady on Sunday night? I'm a little concerned that Dashon Goldson is going to kill Wes Welker coming across the middle. And I dont mean figuratively, I mean literally!

All I know is 4.5 pts feels like 20 after watching that pathetic performance.....

Ha....facing the Brown owner and his 4.5 pt to 0 lead just shrunk to 2.5 to 0. Winning!

Yeah, sorry to be negative to you Brown owners....just hope I dont lose by 2! Also it sucks that the write-up on NFL.com and espn say "Philadelphia Eagles running back Bryce Brown fumbles the ball, and Cincinnati Bengals defensive end goes ...."

Lastly, hey Patriotsfatboy, and I safe with Brady on Sunday night? I'm a little concerned that Dashon Goldson is going to kill Wes Welker coming across the middle. And I dont mean figuratively, I mean literally!

I wouldn't worry about Welker. Goodson will see plenty of Welker...

... Welker's back at least.

Ha....facing the Brown owner and his 4.5 pt to 0 lead just shrunk to 2.5 to 0. Winning!

Where? NFL.com and CBS still have it as a Foles fumble

Where? NFL.com and CBS still have it as a Foles fumble

ESPN

ETA: Crap...just went back to check again and it's been moved back up to 4.5 on the night. Crapboobscrap! :mad:

Playoffs...every point counts! Didnt he fumble>>>

Damn you are a greedy SOB!!!!! I hope you get drilled now. You cant be happy with guy just getting 4 or 5 pts depending on PPR or not but you want 2 more taken off. Karma is a mother F er :thumbsup:

Damn you are a greedy SOB!!!!! I hope you get drilled now. You cant be happy with guy just getting 4 or 5 pts depending on PPR or not but you want 2 more taken off. Karma is a mother F er :thumbsup:

Sweet Caroline THIS!! Actually you are wrong, I would rather he had 0 from Brown than 2. Chowd.

Sweet Caroline THIS!! Actually you are wrong, I would rather he had 0 from Brown than 2. Chowd.

:lol: He got me 4.5 and 5 in another so they better damn well not add damn fumble in there. Hell thats bad enough.

You can not beat this :nono: Too bad it will probably be years before win again :cry: So Pats better get it done

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PxHqMEcSuQ

What ever side of the Bryce Brown situation you are on, i wouldn't be too comfortable in a close match. After watching the replay several times, I think there is a strong probability of a Thursday stat adjustment attributing the fumble to Brown rather than Foles.

So if you are in a close match where a point or two decides the outcome, and Brown is part of the equation, stay tuned guys.

What ever side of the Bryce Brown situation you are on, i wouldn't be too comfortable in a close match. After watching the replay several times, I think there is a strong probability of a Thursday stat adjustment attributing the fumble to Brown rather than Foles.

So if you are in a close match where a point or two decides the outcome, and Brown is part of the equation, stay tuned guys.

FWIW, it's a similar situation as the Blount fumble earlier this season that was credited to Freeman.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/0ap2000000090221/Seymour-fumble-recovery

FWIW, it's a similar situation as the Blount fumble earlier this season that was credited to Freeman.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/0ap2000000090221/Seymour-fumble-recovery

I don't think it's the same, in the clip Freeman kind of throws the ball at the running back. Brown's fumble was totally his fault. I lost on a tiebreaker because of this (and about a hundred other plays!)

I'm on the other side of this. I won my semi-final by less than a fantasy point, and i had Bryce Brown. If they make a stat adjustment against him, I'll be out. And yes, the fumble was all on Brown, but I can see how they could rule that he never had possession.

My fingers are crossed until the Thursday stat adjustments are done.

I won by a point but don't feel good about the news I might get by Thursday.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000111133/Gilberry-TD-off-Brown-fumble

Although, based on the Freeman to Blount video that was posted above I guess there is some hope as from the angles both plays are shown on these videos they do seem to look similar.

I wonder how many games are hanging on this. I also had Gore, I didn't get credit for the TD last nght but this morning the points were there.

I really wouldn't worry about them changing it. There isn't a "closer look" that they need to take like they do with tackles and sacks.

It's not going to be changed as the last player to have possession of the ball was Foles.

I wonder how many games are hanging on this. I also had Gore, I didn't get credit for the TD last nght but this morning the points were there.

I have to think quite a few if you take into consideration these stats that I saw last night...

Gostkowski FG in 4th quarter Sunday night altered the win/loss result in 12,920 fantasy games on nfl.com

Kaepernick's final kneel down altered the win/loss result in 142 fantasy games on nfl.com

Roethlisberger INT in overtime altered the win/loss result in 7,771 fantasy games on nfl.com

I was lucky that NE needed that last FG as that gave me the points I needed to win. But again... it may be short-lived if this Brown fumble gets changed.

I have to think quite a few if you take into consideration these stats that I saw last night...

Gostkowski FG in 4th quarter Sunday night altered the win/loss result in 12,920 fantasy games on nfl.com

Kaepernick's final kneel down altered the win/loss result in 142 fantasy games on nfl.com

Roethlisberger INT in overtime altered the win/loss result in 7,771 fantasy games on nfl.com

I was lucky that NE needed that last FG as that gave me the points I needed to win. But again... it may be short-lived if this Brown fumble gets changed.

You sound like the guy I played! The field goal made it a tie (he has the tiebreaker) and he had Brown. I'm hoping for a miracle.