Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Andrew Luck barely had a better rating than Tannehill

Me too man. But I've noticed a lot of Colts fans get overly defensive when Luck is mentioned, for instance look at the post above yours. I probably should have caught on that you weren't a Colts fan when you didn't fly off the handle when I stated criticism of Luck, but I just assumed you were a rational Colts fan. Of course those don't exist apparently.

When you actually post something that is actual criticism and not a bunch of crap, we will listen and discuss. But as stated above, you have zero clue of what you are talking about, similar to what you posted above.

Just to play devil's advocate (since I mostly agree with the Luck defenders in this thread), I believe that Luck did have much better receivers to throw to than either RG3 or Wilson. It makes a difference - ask Aaron Rodgers who has little running game support and a terrible OLine, took the most sacks in the league and yet still manages to do decently well. A big reason why RG3 and Wilson didn't have more passing yards is simply because they did not have the WRs to support that kind of offense.

Luck's first year reminds me a lot of Manning's rookie year. He went out and learned how to be a NFL QB. Manning didn't win ROY either. RG3 and Wilson had amazing years, but also relied a lot on their athleticism to carry them through, and we all know that is not enough to play QB at an elite level in the NFL.

Bottom line though, I'd take Luck going forward over any of the other rookie QBs without question.

Just to play devil's advocate (since I mostly agree with the Luck defenders in this thread), I believe that Luck did have much better receivers to throw to than either RG3 or Wilson. It makes a difference - ask Aaron Rodgers who has little running game support and a terrible OLine, took the most sacks in the league and yet still manages to do decently well. A big reason why RG3 and Wilson didn't have more passing yards is simply because they did not have the WRs to support that kind of offense.

Luck's first year reminds me a lot of Manning's rookie year. He went out and learned how to be a NFL QB. Manning didn't win ROY either. RG3 and Wilson had amazing years, but also relied a lot on their athleticism to carry them through, and we all know that is not enough to play QB at an elite level in the NFL.

Bottom line though, I'd take Luck going forward over any of the other rookie QBs without question.

26 INTs is not "elite" - you can have Luck - I'd take RGIII or Wilson before him. Why does this guy get a pass when the other two didn't have the INTs combined that Luck had, plus they had more TDs.

26 INTs is not "elite" - you can have Luck - I'd take RGIII or Wilson before him. Why does this guy get a pass when the other two didn't have the INTs combined that Luck had, plus they had more TDs.

lol you're not supposed to look at his completion percentage or QB rating either. Or even watch him play. Nothing that is even remotely negative about the chosen one can be said!

Meanwhile you are supposed to mock RG3 as much as possible. smh

I can only imagine what some of you were saying about P. Manning when he threw 28 INT's during his rookie year and finished with a 3-13 record.

No...26 INT's is not elite...but something tells me Luck might...just might... improve on that number next year.

RGIII - 3200 yards, 20 td's, 826 rushing 7 td's 5 int's 2 fumbles lost - already tore up his knee and a concussion, FIRST YEAR! He isn't going to play long at all in the NFL if he can't stay healthy.

Wilson - 3118 yards, 26 td's, 489 rushing 4 td's 10 int's 3 fumbles lost

Luck - 4374 yards, 23 td's, 255 rushing 5 td's 18 int's 5 fumbles lost

I don't know where you have 26 int's? He had 18 for the season. You claim they had more td's? Really? RGIII had 27 total, Luck had 28, Wilson had 30. That wasn't that much difference between them?

Oh yeah, Luck was throwing to 4 rookies. 4! 5 if you wanna count the running back. Let's just do that, he was throwing to 5 rookies! And put up 4374 yards passing!!!!! WITH ROOKIES!

I have said, Luck or Wilson deserves the ROY over RGIII. If Wilson wins it over Luck, I could not argue it, except Wilson had the better team, OL, running game, top defense. RG had a great OL and a big time running game, and his defense was decent. Luck, had rookies. ROOKIES! :) Yes, I will say it over and over, ROOKIES! He was knocked down more than any other QB because his line sucks!!! It sucks bad! RG and Wilson would have 2000 yards rushing if they were behind his line. Luck would be going to the SB this year, if he had the line that protects Brady, heck let's be honest, Ryan Leaf could probably be an elite QB behind that line.

So I will take Luck, over Wilson and RGIII. But I would now take Wilson over RGIII because RGIII has maybe 5 to 6 years, if he is lucky in the league, where Wilson and Luck have 10+.

RGIII - 3200 yards, 20 td's, 826 rushing 7 td's 5 int's 2 fumbles lost - already tore up his knee and a concussion, FIRST YEAR! He isn't going to play long at all in the NFL if he can't stay healthy.

Wilson - 3118 yards, 26 td's, 489 rushing 4 td's 10 int's 3 fumbles lost

Luck - 4374 yards, 23 td's, 255 rushing 5 td's 18 int's 5 fumbles lost

I don't know where you have 26 int's? He had 18 for the season. You claim they had more td's? Really? RGIII had 27 total, Luck had 28, Wilson had 30. That wasn't that much difference between them?

Oh yeah, Luck was throwing to 4 rookies. 4! 5 if you wanna count the running back. Let's just do that, he was throwing to 5 rookies! And put up 4374 yards passing!!!!! WITH ROOKIES!

I have said, Luck or Wilson deserves the ROY over RGIII. If Wilson wins it over Luck, I could not argue it, except Wilson had the better team, OL, running game, top defense. RG had a great OL and a big time running game, and his defense was decent. Luck, had rookies. ROOKIES! :) Yes, I will say it over and over, ROOKIES! He was knocked down more than any other QB because his line sucks!!! It sucks bad! RG and Wilson would have 2000 yards rushing if they were behind his line. Luck would be going to the SB this year, if he had the line that protects Brady, heck let's be honest, Ryan Leaf could probably be an elite QB behind that line.

So I will take Luck, over Wilson and RGIII. But I would now take Wilson over RGIII because RGIII has maybe 5 to 6 years, if he is lucky in the league, where Wilson and Luck have 10+.

lol what a fanboy post. What a joke.

I hate dumb posts like this because they make me hate the player, when the player isn't at fault at all. God what a stupid post.

lol what a fanboy post. What a joke.

I hate dumb posts like this because they make me hate the player, when the player isn't at fault at all. God what a stupid post.

HAHA, other people's comments make you hate a player? Really? Your that much of a tool? haha I didn't realize you were this bad, until now.