Sign in to follow this  
Patriotsfatboy1

Vikes looking to trade Harvin?

I thought that there was discussion about this earlier, but saw this on Scout.com

http://min.scout.com/2/1265767.html

Local news report says team sources claim that the Vikings are looking to trade Percy Harvin following a blow-up with head coach Leslie Frazier. The incident was credited for why Harvin was placed on injured reserve and why the Vikings are looking to trade Harvin.

Mike Max of WCCO Radio reported this weekend that the Vikings are actively pursuing a trade for wide receiver Percy Harvin.

According to the report, the reason the Vikings put Harvin on injured reserve while he was healing from an ankle injury was related to a meltdown Harvin had that was directed toward head coach Leslie Frazier in the presence of several players.

Sources said that teammates didn’t take well to Harvin’s blow-up at Frazier, which was similar to an episode Harvin had with former head coach Brad Childress. As a result, the report claims, the Vikings are looking to trade Harvin while his trade value is high.

Harvin is under contract for one more season and there has been speculation that, if the Vikings were looking to trade Harvin, any potential trade would likely have to come prior to this year’s draft.

Vikings general manager Rick Spielman was vague about Harvin’s status on Friday. Asked about Harvin’s contract status, Spielman declined to get into specifics.

Finally, anybody but Ponder throwing to this guy turns him into a goldmine. I hope that pats don't get him. Brady has too many weapons already. Adding a top 10 quality receiver would be terrifying.

Possibly headed to Seattle to reunite with Sidney and Darrell Bevell with some deal involving Flynn/pick or just picks?

Possibly headed to Seattle to reunite with Sidney and Darrell Bevell with some deal involving Flynn/pick or just picks?

The players and OC are irrelevant as Harvin probably doesn't have too much leverage in going where he wants to go. A QB Backup and picks are all that matters. It wouldn't surprise me if Seattle made an offer that San Francisco jumps in and offers something better. They have a QB to spare...and a ridiculous amount of draft picks. Sticking it to a divisional rival would be a bonus.

Harvin would make them downright nasty and takes care of Moss / Ginn departures in one fell swoop.

Finally, anybody but Ponder throwing to this guy turns him into a goldmine. I hope that pats don't get him. Brady has too many weapons already. Adding a top 10 quality receiver would be terrifying.

No kidding. With Harvin in NE I bet Brady gets all the way to the Super Bowl before his annual postseason chokejob.

No thanks.

much like Mike Wallace, I don't want him.

This may present the chance for him to be perpetually "Doubtful" for an entirely different franchise!