Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Dynasty Rankings

Over the past few days I've posted an update to Matt Ball's Dynasty Rankings for Quarterbacks and Wide Receivers. Tight Ends will be coming Saturday and Running backs on Monday.

I can't believe Christian Ponder isn't in the top ten! Ha! Just kidding. : )

Very nice work!

Only thing that jumps out to me is I'm surprised to see Kenny Britt so high. With the injury and off field history. I'd have him down with Garçon and DJAX.

Very nice work!

Only thing that jumps out to me is I'm surprised to see Kenny Britt so high. With the injury and off field history. I'd have him down with Garçon and DJAX.

Thanks mobb_deep, I appreciate it. -Regarding Britt, I may be too optimistic about him currently, but this being a contract year and a season where he is further removed from his major knee injury makes me think we could see something special. Of course, his knucklehead factor is a major concern, so I always keep that in mind when analyzing Britt.

-Matt

Only thing that jumps out to me is I'm surprised to see Kenny Britt so high.

The only thing that jumps out to me as how dead you DieNasty Mofos are. I've got the #1 QB. I've got the #1 and #2 WRs. I'm weak at TE as I've only got the #5 guy. My guess is the RB rankings will have Charles at #1 overall and DeMarco Murray at #5. Why? Because everything I touch turns to gold :banana: I'm the best!

The only thing that jumps out to me as how dead you DieNasty Mofos are. I've got the #1 QB. I've got the #1 and #2 WRs. I'm weak at TE as I've only got the #5 guy. My guess is the RB rankings will have Charles at #1 overall and DeMarco Murray at #25. I dont have any other startable RB's! Why? Because I'm a one hit DNDL champ wonder. Let the WR purge begin!

Fixed. :unsure:

A guy like Lamar Miller could really help you. His price is only going to go up

Running backs are posted. Trent Richardson at No. 2 obviously stands out. I'm hoping Chris Ivory (#55) moves out of New Orleans... he could be a fantasy force the next couple years as a lead back for another team.

LeShoure at 25 surprised me. His upside is limited due to the current offense (and defense, for that matter) of the Lions, but even coming off his injury and missing the first 2 games, his stats at the end of the year were in the decent RB2 range. He'll be 23 this year, making him the 4th youngest in the top 30 (behind Richardson, Lamar Miller, and Ryan Williams).

LeShoure at 25 surprised me. His upside is limited due to the current offense (and defense, for that matter) of the Lions, but even coming off his injury and missing the first 2 games, his stats at the end of the year were in the decent RB2 range. He'll be 23 this year, making him the 4th youngest in the top 30 (behind Richardson, Lamar Miller, and Ryan Williams).

Leshoure is one I debated internally for a while, and despite my overall stance, there are definitely some things to like about him. However, I ultimately ranked him where I did due to what I see as a somewhat limited skill set along with my belief that he probably isn’t the long-term answer at RB in Detroit. I do concede that he should be a solid stop-gap producer for the Lions in the short run.

One thing that sort of colors my analysis… Detroit’s opposition has to really focus on stopping their air attack, yet with that as the backdrop, Leshoure only averaged 3.71 yards per carry. Out of the 23 RBs with 200+ rushing attempts in 2012, he ranked 20th in yards per carry. I’m assuming he wasn’t seeing teams stack the box very often, so I’d generally expect a better average. Perhaps another year removed from his Achilles injury will benefit him and Leshoure will show more explosiveness? That very well could be the case.

Leshoure is one I debated internally for a while, and despite my overall stance, there are definitely some things to like about him. However, I ultimately ranked him where I did due to what I see as a somewhat limited skill set along with my belief that he probably isn’t the long-term answer at RB in Detroit. I do concede that he should be a solid stop-gap producer for the Lions in the short run.

One thing that sort of colors my analysis… Detroit’s opposition has to really focus on stopping their air attack, yet with that as the backdrop, Leshoure only averaged 3.71 yards per carry. Out of the 23 RBs with 200+ rushing attempts in 2012, he ranked 20th in yards per carry. I’m assuming he wasn’t seeing teams stack the box very often, so I’d generally expect a better average. Perhaps another year removed from his Achilles injury will benefit him and Leshoure will show more explosiveness? That very well could be the case.

Lions fan here, and I agree. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Lions picked up Bradshaw. He's a great blocker and pass catcher. That's what the Lions offense needs. Leshoure is pedestrian at both.