Sign in to follow this  
Recliner Pilot

What do you think about this Snowden guy and his leaks?

18 members have voted

1. 1. Is this guy a:

Dude has a possibility of being executed, and, at the least, will spend the rest of his life in prison once caught. I don't buy into the BS that revealing the existence of the Prism is going to derail the mission the government tells us it's supposed to be for, "catching terrorists."

Those considered terrorists know our government is doing what they can to capture or kill anyone taking their side. Sure they didn't know specifically a program called Prism was tracking their movements, but they know they are being watched. Knowing what the program is called is very unlikely to alter the way they behave or really alert them in any fashion to the data mining.

The gov should have came out and said from the beginning this program existed, and then tried to give us their excuse of why it's good for us.

Snowden gave up his freedom to inform the rest of our country what was happening behind our backs. Heraldo Rivera is a focking traitor, not Snowden.

It means just what it says.

People who leak classified info into the public domain that can be used by our enemies = shot.

Set up a system so that if the Govt has run afoul of the law a whistleblower can come forward without exposing classified info to the public.

Pretty simple..........unless you are a simpleton.

That is definitely a possibility, unfortunately that doesn't really exist right now.

Sadly since the story broke, both parties are basically saying "We don't have to debate rights. It's for your own good and we consider it legal."

And I agree with them. We've been hearing this slippery slope argument for decades now, and I'm still waiting for an example of where the common man's pursuit of happiness has been interrupted.

Surprised by this  commercial I saw today. My feelings on this certainly have changed over the years