Sign in to follow this  
RicemanX

STL homers - RB situation?

Can someone tell me what's going on with the RBs in Ramsland?

Any RBs actually have the edge right now?

This is a true RBBC and a true gamble on any one of these guys from a fantasy perspective.

The problem is that no one - not even the Rams coaching staff - appears to have any idea of a pecking order, and probably won't until they see some clear separation during training camp and the preseason. Each of the three (Richardson, Pead, and Stacy) have skills to bring to the table. IMO the surest production for hard inside yards is Stacy, who runs with more power than the other two. Daryl Richardson appears to be the most versatile, while Pead runs more like a scatback. I believe that Pead will get some return duties.

In short, the job of lead back, if there is one, is wide open - and serious auditions have barely even started.

1 think I. Pead has one of those names that's very close to a

Koch Sookar

Shite Eator

Coom Guzleer

There may be more

I see, so looking at any Rams RB before the 8th or 9th round would be foolish I suppose

I see, so looking at any Rams RB before the 8th or 9th round would be foolish I suppose

Although I suspect you are correct, your conclusion doesn't necessarily follow - unless you are drafting very soon in your redraft league. I don't know which RB or in what round he would become a value right now, but IMO the Rams RB situation could spell plenty of future opportunity.

It is just highly speculative right now. But if you are not drafting right now, it is a definitely a situation to watch very closely. For instance, i don't have any redraft league that drafts before August. So right now, I don't give a hoot about ADP vs value. But I sure will in August.

I AM sure that many owners will shy away from the Rams' backfield even then, because they will still have the idea that it is too difficult to try to make sense of. However, by the time I draft, I'm sure there will be plenty of clues as to how it might shake out.

And that makes for opportunity. Because of the natural human tendency to carry-over present uncertainty to future decisions, I expect that all of the Rams RBs will be drafted late. So, as further clues present themselves, the probable winner(s) of the 'audition' should be available for much lower than their ADP.

Add to this the fact that the Rams' O-line's run blocking is ranked well above average for an NFL team, and that the run-pass ratio should be about average (based on last year's ratio) , and you have a situation where there will be very good value at some point.

Strategy:

Acquire #1 waiver spot for week 1.

Watch Rams game.

Pick up guy who does the best in week one.

Enjoy your Alfred Morris-esque acquisition for for 2013.

Strategy:

Acquire #1 waiver spot for week 1.

Watch Rams game.

Pick up guy who does the best in week one.

Enjoy your Alfred Morris-esque acquisition for for 2013.

Problem: In leagues of ten teams or more, it is highly unlikely any of these three guys will not be drafted ..............and therefore your strategy won't work.

Other than that minor flaw, it's a hell of an idea.

Now in weepaw's six team league, it might make perfect sense.

I thought I read somewhere that Schotty envisioned a RBBC for the season. Who knows if that's how it'll actually pan out. Maybe someone will grab control of the lead role but for now I'm avoiding the situation.

Edit: Found the article which mentions it in one sentence. Take it for what you want.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/101964/tavon-austins-open-field-juke-other-notes

6 team and a 8 team league no way ..but in the 10 and 12 team maybe