Sign in to follow this  
Flaximus

Is AP the automatic #1 in a PPR league?

It's AP so all bets might be off but history has shown that RB's who put up those types of #'s drop off a decent amount the following year (Chris Johnson is a recent example) and he has never dominated nearly as much in PPR.

I think you could make a case for Charles, Martin or even Spiller being in his class with potentially less risk.

What does everyone think?

Dont compare AP with CJ0K. I dont expect him to eclipse 2k yards again this year but 1500 is a given IMHO. I am picking him first in redraft PPR. Dynasty and Keeper is a different story.

Dont compare AP with CJ0K. I dont expect him to eclipse 2k yards again this year but 1500 is a given IMHO. I am picking him first in redraft PPR. Dynasty and Keeper is a different story.

I would expect AP to be in the realm of 1500 myself, but with less of an impact in the passing game than players like Charles, Martin, etc I don't see him as the absolute unquestioned #1 pick. By the lack of response to the contrary I'll assume I am in a very small minority on that opinion.

IMO there is no safer pick in Fantasy Football...comparing him to CJ0K is insane!

I take AP in any redraft format without a second thought

IMO there is no safer pick in Fantasy Football...comparing him to CJ0K is insane!

I take AP in any redraft format without a second thought

Throw in another name if it suits you better. RB's that have historic seasons show moderate to major drop offs the next year. That would likely put AP in 1500/12 30/350 territory. Is that much different than projections for Martin, Charles or Spiller?

I wouldnt be in a league where I have to pick first

I would rather pick 6th or lower and take the "best of whats left"

AP, Foster, Martin, Calvin, Charles, Spiller, Mccoy, Richardson, all could put up similar ppg in ppr

Throw in another name if it suits you better. RB's that have historic seasons show moderate to major drop offs the next year. That would likely put AP in 1500/12 30/350 territory. Is that much different than projections for Martin, Charles or Spiller?

I would rather take the guy whose potential down year would put him in the same realm as these other guys career years. Any one of these guys could end up being the number one RB but AP has carries the least risk. That is who I want for my number one pick.

its either peterson or cj if i am up first

its either peterson or cj if i am up first

you know there is 3 diff CJ's u could be talking about here right?

spiller, Calvin or CJ0k...

How far would Arian Foster have to drop in Rd 1 before you grabbed him? Or are people flat out staying away from him this year's draft.

AP said he wants 2500 yards this year. I think about that game he had against Chicago where had 296 yards and then factor what it would take to get 2500 yards. That would be 156 yards per game. Looking at it that way it doesn't seem that far of a stretch. If peterson come even close to those numbers he will flat out, single handedly win you your league. it don't matter if Bolder legs Mcgee is your second rb you'll still win it all!

you know there is 3 diff CJ's u could be talking about here right?

spiller, Calvin or CJ0k...

oh wow sorry

its peterson rb for the vikings or c johnson of the lions . did not know that spiller was cj and if it was cj10k i would have posted that ..sorry my bad

How far would Arian Foster have to drop in Rd 1 before you grabbed him? Or are people flat out staying away from him this year's draft.

third

I'm playing in my first PPR league this year. I don't know where I am picking, but I don't want first. I don;t want AP. I might even take Calvin, like if I am late in the first round, AP, RR and CJ Spiller are gone? Might take Calvin.

At 1.11 I took Charles instead of Foster in a dynasty start up draft. If he'd have been there for me in the 2nd I'd have taken him after the turn. He won't really last that long in re-draft formats. His ADP is 1.03 right now, and I'd expect it to stay up there unless the calf injury hinders him in the preseason.