Sign in to follow this  
tanatastic

What ranking changes to make for this format

My big league is standard cbs scoring aside from a few bonuses that we use to add a little flare, and we all love them. What ranking changes would you suggest considering the following bonuses?

12 team flex non ppr

6 points all tds

5 pnt for 8 catches

5 pnt for 100 rush yds

5 pnt for 300yds passing

The bonus points for catches technically DOES make this a PPR (in a round about way) so treat this as a PPR....that 8 catches = 5pts means that it's actually .63pts per catch (once they reach 8, they get all the pts rather than straight addition).

Top end QBs will be a little more valuable (Brees/ARod/Manning, etc...)

RB rankings should be based on PPR again for reasons mentioned above. But don't go too over board & pass up say Lynch for Bush.

I think stafford gets a definite bump in value, though three years in a row of 5000 may be unlikely.

The high yardage rbs get a big boost. So yeah if i had a late pick i def be targeting a high catch wr.

I disagree on the PPR if you have to hit an 8 catch threshold. First the points are closer to half point PPR when collected. Second, you are only going to get that small bonus when a receiver gets 8 catches and you are likely not to see it again in the same game since its doubtful they get 16 catches. So you give a very small bump to receivers who catch a ton. I think this format makes top yardage QBs/RBs more important but the WR bump is so small and affects such a small group (by percentage relative to the position as a whole) I would almost not take it into account.

I disagree on the PPR if you have to hit an 8 catch threshold. First the points are closer to half point PPR when collected. Second, you are only going to get that small bonus when a receiver gets 8 catches and you are likely not to see it again in the same game since its doubtful they get 16 catches. So you give a very small bump to receivers who catch a ton. I think this format makes top yardage QBs/RBs more important but the WR bump is so small and affects such a small group (by percentage relative to the position as a whole) I would almost not take it into account.

Pretty much. For a WR to consistently hit the PPR bonus they'd have to have around 140 catches on the year.

I suppose I would give a small bump to pass catchers who could get a ton of receptions with semi-regularity. Sproles, Amendola, Welker, etc.

Good stuff guys, thanks. Weve been using these bonuses for years now and we all agree it adds a great flare and depth to our league. Waiting on that 8th catch is always a big drama on sunday when ur guy starts hot or is sitting at 7 catches. Every so often you will be at 7 and your wr will catch a td for his 8th and you will just go crazy!

My main dilemma is the QBs. Obviously they are at a premium w 6 and the bonus, but this is the year to wait and still get a top qb. However, you still have to pay for a sure thing like Brees, hes prob the lone guy id target early. Otherwise im fine with Matt Ryan later.

IMO, Brees rises to the level of early first round pick, up to at least 4th. I'm sure your last two years of data show Brees to average 3-4 fpg's over Rodgers, let alone the mid-level types -Brees has the most TDs and the most 300+'s. I expect a similar showing in the upcoming year, maybe closer to 2011 than 2012 with Payton coming back. Plus Brees is not an injury risk.

Aside from that, I would be all focused on RBs. The ppr gimmick can just about be ignored as it would apply to RBs as much as WRs. And it is interesting that you reward 100 yd RBs and not 100 yd WRs. Just would put more focus on RBs in my rankings. And as with all flex, non-ppr, leagues the race for RBs is on.

Good stuff guys, thanks. Weve been using these bonuses for years now and we all agree it adds a great flare and depth to our league. Waiting on that 8th catch is always a big drama on sunday when ur guy starts hot or is sitting at 7 catches. Every so often you will be at 7 and your wr will catch a td for his 8th and you will just go crazy!

My main dilemma is the QBs. Obviously they are at a premium w 6 and the bonus, but this is the year to wait and still get a top qb. However, you still have to pay for a sure thing like Brees, hes prob the lone guy id target early. Otherwise im fine with Matt Ryan later.

I would not take brees at his current adp, period. I dont care what the scoring rules are unless its something like "5 bonus points for every play brees doesnt die"