Sign in to follow this  
schmitty34

Keeper Question - Risk for Value?

10 team league, 3 keepers at original round drafted, standard scoring, no ppr

I'm having a hard time with my keepers this year (mostly because they aren't very good) and looking for thoughts on the best value.

Here are options that I would consider with the round they will cost:

Rice (1) - have to keep him cause I can't get any better if I keep my 1st

Sjax (2) - I like him in ATL but not sure I want to use a 2nd for him

Ryan (3) - I like him again this year, but a 3rd might be too much

T Ganzo (8) - solid again this year but not sold on keeping a TE

Decker (12) - great value, but hate they got Welker

Amendola (12) - great value, but injury risk

Shorts (12) - good value, but small sample size and QB isn't great

Thoughts? Thanks!

I'd go with rice, sjax, and amendola. Rice for the reasons you mentioned, SJAX because I dont think you'll someone as good as him with your 2nd pick, and amendola because for a 12th rounder, you wont get someone with WR1 potential.

I agree with CallMeBigCat. Rice, Jackson and Amendola. Rice would go in the 1st and Jackson would go in the 2nd anyway. Amendola is awesome value for a 12th.

Thanks guys!

Those are the three I am leaning towards right now. However, I am considering rolling the dice and keeping Decker or Shorts for the value and hoping for a pretty good pick (maybe SJax with my second).

Looking at the potential keepers and draft order, I don't think I can get SJax back in the 2nd. I might be able to get a back like Gore or Wilson, but neither are for sure.

10 team league, 3 keepers at original round drafted, standard scoring, no ppr

I'm having a hard time with my keepers this year (mostly because they aren't very good) and looking for thoughts on the best value.

Here are options that I would consider with the round they will cost:

Rice (1) - have to keep him cause I can't get any better if I keep my 1st

Sjax (2) - I like him in ATL but not sure I want to use a 2nd for him

Ryan (3) - I like him again this year, but a 3rd might be too much

T Ganzo (8) - solid again this year but not sold on keeping a TE

Decker (12) - great value, but hate they got Welker

Amendola (12) - great value, but injury risk

Shorts (12) - good value, but small sample size and QB isn't great

Thoughts? Thanks!

wow i like rice jackson and amendola

I actually like Amendola, Shorts, Decker. I'd much rather have those 3 while keeping a first and second where you could probably get someone comparable to Rice/Jackson. Also depends who you will be able to pick with your first and second round picks. If most everyone else keeps a first, wouldn't that mean you could get Rice anyway by not keeping him, while instead keeping insane WR value in the 12th? Wouldn't drafting someone close to Rice if not Rice himself and having a 2nd rounder and keeping Shorts and Decker (with Amendola as well) be much better than keeping Rice, SJax, Amendola and having 2 12ths (or 12th, 11th and 10th however your league handles keeping multiple players costing the same round)?

Kinda need more information. Who else is being kept/would be available in the 1st/2nd rounds?

I don't necessarily hate Rice or SJax there but I'd need something to compare them to. You'd be getting them at face value so its not a loss but any chance on say Forte, Morris, Dez, McCoy, Megatron, etc... falling to the 2nd?

I don't have all the information because all keepers aren't announced (we are really lose on when keepers are announced and some guys share earlier than needed). Based on what I know, and what I forecast, here are the list of guys that I think will be available to start the draft.

If I drop Rice and have a 1st round pick, I'll get the 3rd pick overall after guys keep their first rounders.

Charles

Rice

Dez (may be available)

MJD

Ridley

Graham

Chris Johnson

Fitz

Cobb

Cruz (may be available)

White

A Johnson

V Jack

Bowe

Gore

David Wilson

Colston

Garcon

So, I may be able to get Rice back, but I doubt it. I am likely looking at Dez (if he's not kept) or MJD/Ridley/CJ after Charles and Rice are snapped up. The depth of the remaining guys is definitely at the WR position so I may still be able to get a guy like White/Johnson/V Jack even if I have to wait until the 3rd round.

10 teamer? Looks like you could redraft most of those guys in those spots with the exception of Almendola and Decker. I guess I'd keep them. If it is a TE league then I'd take Decker and Gonzo. 3rd pick is a tossup.

10 teamer? Looks like you could redraft most of those guys in those spots with the exception of Almendola and Decker. I guess I'd keep them. If it is a TE league then I'd take Decker and Gonzo. 3rd pick is a tossup.

Yes, in a typical 10 team redraft I could. But keep in mind that with everyone keeping 3 guys, the draft essentially starts in the 4th round with the exception of a handful of higher rated guys that couldn't be kept by teams loaded with top guys.

If I drop both Rice and SJax, there is a chance that I end up with lower rated guys with both picks depending on how everything shakes out.