Sign in to follow this  
IN$TANT REPAY

Da’Rel Scott injures knee in Giants practice

this will muddy up the Giants backruners situation a little.... :doh:

Posted by Josh Alper on September 11, 2013, 3:20 PM EDT

The Giants brought back old friend Brandon Jacobs on Tuesday after working out several running backs, but an injury at Wednesday’s practice may force them to make another pass at the guys they chose not to sign.

Ralph Vacchiano of the New York Daily Newsreports that Da’Rel Scott, who replaced David Wilson after he fumbled the ball away to the Cowboys for the second time in Sunday night’s loss, suffered a knee injury in Wednesday’s practice. Per Vacchiano, Scott went for tests on the knee and the severity of the injury remains unknown.

Michael Cox, a seventh-round pick in April, is the fourth running back on the roster with Wilson, Scott and Jacobs at present, so an injury that keeps Scott out of the lineup for an extended period could lead the Giants to add another body if they aren’t convinced Jacobs is able to step right onto the field after being pretty much inactive since leaving the Giants after the 2011 season.

Scott, a 2011 seventh-round pick, ran five times for 23 yards and caught five passes for 51 more in Week One.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/11/darel-scott-injures-knee-in-giants-practice/

With no reliable run game, the Giants will be in a shootout every game.

Giants will pass to set up the pass.

Eli will break the season passing attempts record and throw for over 5000 yards.

All 3 Giants receivers will finish amongst top 20 receivers in fantasy.

Tom Coughlin has a meltdown and gets institutionalized.

With no reliable run game, the Giants will be in a shootout every game.

Giants will pass to set up the pass.

Eli will break the season passing attempts record and throw for over 5000 yards.

All 3 Giants receivers will finish amongst top 20 receivers in fantasy.

Best post I have seen in a long time!!

They seem to have major injuries on both sides of the ball every season. And yet at the end of the season they are right there in the hunt. TC should be used to this...they always find a way to overcome the had that they have been dealt.

On a side note I am kinda shocked that Michael Turner or Magahee have not been contacted. :dunno:

NFL Channel this morning said MRI came back fine and he should suit up Sunday. I picked him up as a stash on WW with the 9th ww pick...ya never know.

i hope wilson gets another chance and make coughlin proud and never looks back :thumbsup: .... i know my team needs him

Unfortunately Wilson thinks fumbling the ball makes Coughlin proud.

It's a timeshare. Wilson will get early-down work. Scott will play on 3rd downs and passing situations, Jacobs will be the clock-killer and short-yardage guy.