Sign in to follow this  
heavy-set

How much to bid for Montee Ball?

$24.

He's a potential difference maker. At Wisco he had an amazing nose for the end-zone. Manning will back guys off and he's going to score a ton! He would not have been dropped if he had scored last week on that goal-to-go carry.

(If $16 seems right, I usually go 1.5x that to make sure I get him. Better than the scrubs I'd be bidding on for $1...$2...)

$50+. Just get him. I don't even think he'll necessarily get the chance to shine, but if he does there is too much upside to be worried about saving auction money.

I've thought about picking him too, as he was dropped in my league. The only problem is, I can only have 4 RB's. I have McCoy, Murray, Miller, and Dunbar as a handcuff to the fragile Murray.

Worst case scenario is Murray gets hurt and I no longer have Dunbar, and Ball ends up sucking. Is Ball worth picking up in my situation?

Worst case scenario is Murray gets hurt and I no longer have Dunbar, and Ball ends up sucking. Is Ball worth picking up in my situation?

I think DAL wouldn't have a "bell-cow" if Murray goes down. It's a no-brainer...

I'd save my money in case a difference maker later in the year becomes available. All 3 of the Denver RBs will get work and the makes 0 of the Denver RBs worth while. You can't trust any of the three to rack up a significant amount of yardage. All you can hope for if you play Ball is that he gets a TD. If he doesn't get the score your team is at a major disadvantage.

Honestly I wouldn't bid that much. Is it a keeper league? If so then he might be worth a little something next year. However this year he isn't gonna be fantasy relevant at all. Bid up to $22 for a redraft league cause he could get a chance if Moreno goes down. Which he just might since he usually does. If its a keeper league the I would prob bid $30 on him. Seeing as how he could be the starter next year once he learns how to pass protect better.