Sign in to follow this  
kujerry

Starks or A. Ellington going forward

wonder who you guys would pick up or think would have a better season the rest of the year. Starks is good for a start at flex maybe this coming week but in week 5 lacy will be back and they will probably split carries until lacy is 100 percent, but would it be work handcuffing lacy with starks, or take A. Ellington who looks like a beast and wait for Mendy to screw up or get hurt in Ari.

wonder who you guys would pick up or think would have a better season the rest of the year. Starks is good for a start at flex maybe this coming week but in week 5 lacy will be back and they will probably split carries until lacy is 100 percent, but would it be work handcuffing lacy with starks, or take A. Ellington who looks like a beast and wait for Mendy to screw up or get hurt in Ari.

:huh: How does he look "like a beast?"

I'm intrigued by Ellington's potential, but I don't think I'd describe what I saw him do on Sunday looking "like a beast."

Ok, Im sorry i used the word beast, I thought he looked good and am also intrigued by his potential. I will be more careful next time.

Starks I feel is a 1 week starter. Then a bye, then Lacy is back. He won't get all the reps when Lacy comes back nor will he play a defense as bad as Washington every week.

I've watched ellington for his entire college career. He's got great burst and pretty good vision and catches the ball well. He also goes down on first contact. I doubt he'll ever be a consistent 20 touch guy but he's got the potential to make big plays and I feel they will incorporate him into the offense more and more in some capacity.

Honestly I'd prefer ellington long term unless Lacy is out of the picture longer. Neither is going to get starters touches, but long term I think ellington has potential to do more with limited touches than starks.

I'm also intrigued by Ellington's abilities and situation. Bruce Arians did the same thing when he was the interim head coach for the Colts. He demoted D. Brown and made Vick Ballard his starter after Brown was out for 1 game. Just this past week, Arians called Ellington a 3 down back with the ability to carry a 'full load'.

Mendenhall didn practice yesterday either. Sounds like it could be turf toe. Grab Ellington while you can. It's just a matter of time.

Mendenhall didn practice yesterday either. Sounds like it could be turf toe. Grab Ellington while you can. It's just a matter of time.

I'm hearing rumors that's what he has...

Behind the Lacy and Richardson news, Ellington is a nice sneaky pickup...

i picked up ellington in my 14 team ppr league thinking i may do same in 12 team league... didnt know mendenhall is nursing a toe injury :doublethumbsup:

missed him by one slot on waivers. stupid worst to first waiver system