Sign in to follow this  
Junkie

Miles Austin a good buy low?

After coming off a 3 catch performance against a good KC defense, no one is giving him much love. He's healthy and has a somewhat favorable schedule, starting with St Louis, the league's worst defense against fantasy WRs. As defenses gameplan to stop Dez, I think Miles has some big games. I see him as a low end #2 or high end #3 in 12 team leagues, but could be had for the price of a #4. Any doubters? Dallas homers?

I think he's going to be too inconsistent to be in the running for WR2 status. But he'd make at least a decent--and possibly very good--WR3, so if an owner is willing to give him away I'd jump on it.

I think he's going to be too inconsistent to be in the running for WR2 status. But he'd make at least a decent--and possibly very good--WR3, so if an owner is willing to give him away I'd jump on it.

im a dallas homer and its pretty much this. Id say hes slightly better though-more like a low end wr2 with upside do to the inconsistancy. But dont forget ge WILL get hurt this year. He always does. so dont pay too much for him.

Not sure. I got him on waivers after week 1. Didn't start him last week, he did nothing and got Eddie Royal on waivers to replace him. I thought Royal had more potential.

no way you can start him outside of a spot start or bye week fillin. As stated by others, he might go off on some weeks, and likely will end up with half decent stats at the end of the year, but the inconsistency will be too much to stomach. Further to that, there are SOOO many WRs out there that can give you same type production but might have higher upside. I thought they were gonna have a solid passing year, and by default miles would get him somehow, but the 1st 2 weeks have not been encouraging. Nothing to panic about, I'm still holding him in the 1 league i drafted him in, but we need to see a bit more of that offense to see what they're going to be all about before miles gets anywhere near the starting lineup

I have to start him this week because I have Roddy White. I'm dropping him next week to get a filler QB for Rodgers in Week 4. I just traded for Nicks, so I don't feel too bad about it. I'm half expecting him to still be on the WW for Week 5, but if he's not, no big deal.

I thought they were gonna have a solid passing year, and by default miles would get him somehow, but the 1st 2 weeks have not been encouraging.

This is why I think he is a good bye low candidate. People are going by his stats from week 2 vs a stout KC defense. In week 1 he went 10 for 77. Not bad in a PPR format. He is healthy and has a favorable schedule this year. He will be somewhat inconsistent, which really is the definition of a #3 WR. That said, you can get him at WR 4 or 5 value. Just saying.

He is a spot start that can put up # 1 #'s... if you know if the team they play plans are to take out DEz and they have the players to do it... Dallas will feature Miles

Buy him low, fellers. As far as a mid-WR2 with upside.....he's miles from being done.

This is why I think he is a good bye low candidate. People are going by his stats from week 2 vs a stout KC defense. In week 1 he went 10 for 77. Not bad in a PPR format. He is healthy and has a favorable schedule this year. He will be somewhat inconsistent, which really is the definition of a #3 WR. That said, you can get him at WR 4 or 5 value. Just saying.

i think PPR he's be fine, they are a volume throwing team and the running game leaves a lot to be desired. But standard leagues, I'm not sold on him getting in the 8 TD range TBH...and yards will be inconsistent. It is only 2 weeks so we'll see.

Out with a hammy.....what's new?

Yeah, same old, same old with this guy. I'm in a dynasty league and have had him since his rookie year, but have reached the point to where if I can't trade him, I'm probably just gonna cut bait...