Sign in to follow this  
Gandalfthecat

Doug Martin owner....panic?

The defenses continue to stack the box and Sullivan continues to run. Pure idiocy.

Phillygrrl08, the OL might not be great, but they're not horrible enough to put it on them. It's the playcalling. It's hard to be successful offensively when a moron is calling plays as predictably as humanly possible.

The defenses continue to stack the box and Sullivan continues to run. Pure idiocy.

Phillygrrl08, the OL might not be great, but they're not horrible enough to put it on them. It's the playcalling. It's hard to be successful offensively when a moron is calling plays as predictably as humanly possible.

I said the OL was weak. No, it wasn't all on them, but they simply aren't that good. I consider them average on a good day, for now.

The Bucs have a lot of problems right now. When you don't even have your starting QB from the week before dress for the game, you know that something big is going down.

I would say they're mediocre at worst, good at best. Of all the problems the Bucs offense has, i wouldn't put their OL near the top. They only allowed 2 sacks today, and defenses usually tend to bring extra pressure against rookie QBs. Yes, you're right they're not opening big holes for Martin. But like I said, when you're running the same plays OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER again, it doesn't take long for defenses to key on it and bring extra guys down to stop the run.

The OC has no idea how to get his best offensive players in space, utilize a TE, or call quick passing route plays. Everything is up the middle or to Jackson or Williams. There is no originality nor unpredictability to throw defenses off. And it will cost Schiano and Sullivan their jobs sooner than later.

Monday everyone will be saying the sky is falling on Doug Martin's owners and to sell. What about the matchups? He's faced all run Ds in the top half of the league in FF pts allowed to RBs and half of his matchups have been against top 5 run Ds in this category. While his o-line and offense is worse than expected, I always remember first round elite backs not always having the best passing games or overall offenses. It's great news going forward that the Tampa D is good allowing him to get close to 30 touches every game. Against the weaker Ds he faces in the coming weeks he will get his, so he still has RB1 status imo, just not top-end.

Ya, i would panic.

^ the signs were right there all preseason, he was a high risk pick in terms of BUST potential BEFORE all the drama in Tampa. The only reason he was viable last season were those 3 HUGE games, That's not going to happen with Glennon at QB.

I'm selling if I have Martin, selling right now for a David Wilson/Ridley type buy low (both if 1 owner owns them) and a WR2.