Sign in to follow this  
blagrange

Dallas abandoning the run

I don't get Dallas at all, looks like the same offense to me as years past. Close game, start tossing the ball everywhere and lose. Last week they run Demarco 25 times and win easily. SD is terrible against the run yet Demarco got 16/70? One of the announcers gave a start that was interesting, Dallas is 8-1 when Murray carries the ball more than 20 times. After a couple years of owning Murray in a keeper I am starting to believe that either Romo or Jason Garret abandon the run way to early and it leads to senseless losses.

And yes, all I care about is the fantasy aspect.

I don't get Dallas at all, looks like the same offense to me as years past. Close game, start tossing the ball everywhere and lose. Last week they run Demarco 25 times and win easily. SD is terrible against the run yet Demarco got 16/70? One of the announcers gave a start that was interesting, Dallas is 8-1 when Murray carries the ball more than 20 times. After a couple years of owning Murray in a keeper I am starting to believe that either Romo or Jason Garret abandon the run way to early and it leads to senseless losses.

And yes, all I care about is the fantasy aspect.

Yeah I've said the same about the Boys many times in the past. Go back over the last few years, and look at their record when they have a rusher hit 100 yards and it's fairly impressive. Like 20-1. I've often believed it's Garrett just wanting to show how smart he is, more than anything else.

It's actually Romo. He's gotten into fights with teammates for audibling out of runs and throwing INTs on the new play.

Yes, it is frustrating as both a Dallas fan and a Murray owner. I mean the guy was averaging 5 ypc today and only carried it 14 times. Romo played ok today. He did not make any big mistakes but not enough big plays either. The receivers seemed to be struggling all day to get separation and get open. All I hear from Dallas coaching and management is about trying to create a balanced offense but they only showed balance last week against the Rams. Its like if they get behind at all they just give up on the run.

It's actually Romo. He's gotten into fights with teammates for audibling out of runs and throwing INTs on the new play.

Wow really! I hope your being sarcastic because if your not, you have no idea what yor talking about. Romo played just fine yesterday, and has all season IMO. He has only thrown one INT, and has the 2nd highest completion % this season. Getting in fights with teammates? Um ok what are your sources? If anything, he has gotten criticized but as far as our team goes, Romo is at the bottom of my list of cowboys who are underwhelming so far.

One of the announcers gave a start that was interesting, Dallas is 8-1 when Murray carries the ball more than 20 times. After a couple years of owning Murray in a keeper I am starting to believe that either Romo or Jason Garret abandon the run way to early and it leads to senseless losses.

Stats like the above are a little misleading. Teams tend to run more when they have a lead and pass more when behind, so of course there is a correlation between running and winning.

That said I do agree that Dallas abandons the run too easily.

Wow really! I hope your being sarcastic because if your not, you have no idea what yor talking about. Romo played just fine yesterday, and has all season IMO. He has only thrown one INT, and has the 2nd highest completion % this season. Getting in fights with teammates? Um ok what are your sources? If anything, he has gotten criticized but as far as our team goes, Romo is at the bottom of my list of cowboys who are underwhelming so far.

Here is the source: http://nfl.si.com/2013/09/22/cowboys-jason-hatcher-blasts-tony-romo/

Now where is my apology?

Here is the source: http://nfl.si.com/2013/09/22/cowboys-jason-hatcher-blasts-tony-romo/

Now where is my apology?

Apology? Haha sounds like your still being sarcastic. You made it seem like Hatcher got into a fist fight with romo. Hatcher simply called him out. This is a non-story that got blown out of proportion. Anyways, Jason Garrett dismissed those reports.

Source: http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/article-DavidHelman/Hatcher-Speech-Was-Given-To-The-Team-No-Beef-With-Romo/09c96f7a-1ab8-4c52-a9f2-75f3ee7fbd2a

Now where is my apology?

:doh:

widely acknowledged as a false rumor reported without substantiation by rapoport. hatcher and romo have both said that it was a complete fabrication. and hatcher has proved in the past that he will not back down from words he has spoken.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas-cowboys/post/_/id/4715539/dallas-cowboys-jason-hatcher-leads-by-example

you might as well be citing perez hilton.