Sign in to follow this  
WahooJim

The Shield- 2 episodes to go. Great ending in store?

I don't think this show is brilliant like the Wire, but it has been damn fun and entertaining. Groan-worthy on occasion when Vic or his pals do something stupid to get themselves further in the muck, when they could have climbed out a little pretty easily. Another really good example of how good directing and writing can make you root for a despicable bastard. By the way, I want sexual immunity from the little ICE honey that is interviewing Vic in the third-to-last episode.

I've heard the last two eps are fantastic and I'm kinda waiting a while before watching them. How great are they? No spoilers please.

I thought it was kinda cheesy the way they had Vic blow up Shane the same way he blew up Lem. :dunno:

I thought it was kinda cheesy the way they had Vic blow up Shane the same way he blew up Lem. :dunno:

Once they revealed the whole series was a dream I stopped watching.

I was actually a little disappointed. Saw the Shane denouement coming, but Vic's form of permanent torture was a let down. Thanks for the meaningful comments parrot and frank.

I was pretty happy with the ending. Felt a little sorry for Ronny and I really expected Vic to go down hard. If you think of when it was made it really was a great show. The best up until that point in time.

I think the Vic personal hell ending was a little soft.

But the Shane ending is beyond memorable to me. I obviously have many years of distance from the show now. But the fact that we lived and rooted for this fun loving jackass so long. The guy that taught us all that "eaten ain't cheaten"....and his ending is killing his wife, kid, and then himself. And the chilling words "family meeting"...and the visual of them lying there. It bugged me for weeks.

And Ronnie. Sentenced to whatever evil Antwan Mitchel wants done to him for however long he chooses before he is put out of his misery.

I hated it all, meaning I loved it for being good. Vic skates, and lets everyone else take the fall.

Quality wise, it can't hold up to The Wire or Breaking Bad. But it paved the way for much of what has come after. And the entertainment value was as high as any show I've ever seen.