Sign in to follow this  
SabreNation

Blockbuster Manning Deal - Thoughts? WHIR

OK, this is a bit of a follow up on a post I made last night. I had a glut of solid WRs and RBs on my bench, all of whom could be starting for the owner of Peyton Manning who was/is starved for HBs and not a whole lot better at WR. I decided to strike while the Pierre Thomas iron was hot to make something happen. We talked all day whenever we had a chance and we have a deal. Standard PPR scoring. Here are the pre-trade teams:

MY TEAM

QB - TRomo, BHoyer

RB - RBush, DMartin, JBell, DWoodhead, PThomas

WR - RWayne, RCobb, JNelson, CShorts, SJohnson

TE - JCook

PK - DBailey

DEF - Cincinatti

HIS TEAM

QB - PManning, RG3

RB - TRichardson, LBlount, JSnelling (Told you it was bad, poor bastard drafted Andre Brown before he got hurt in the preseason AND had Shane Vereen)

WR - AJohnson, DBowe, TAustin, TWilliams, KAllen

TE - CClay, LKendricks

PK - SGostkowski

DEF - Minnesota, New England

The trade:

I GIVE UP: Tony Romo, Jordy Nelson, Pierre Thomas

I GET: Peyton Manning, Dewayne Bowe, Tavon Austin

Going by the response to my "what should I offer" I won the trade in a big way. Yahoo's automated Trade Analyzer (I know, lulz but I couldn't resist hitting the button) I got hosed. I think it's pretty even, I got a massive upgrade (especially in terms of consistency) at arguably my weakest position and he got 3 guys that are almost certainly going to start on his team every week going forward.

What say you FF Geeks?

Leave a link to yours and I'll take a look.

I'm on the other guys side in basically the same situation except the offer to me was Payton RJennings and Snelling for Kap lynch and James jones

I think is is a great trade for you and a marginally good trade for him. I think you both win to varying degrees. Thanks for mine earlier.

Now you can enjoy watching Manning have a record breaking season. He has to have near heart attacks every week watching Romo and RGIII play. I really don't like this trade for him, but it looks solid for you.