Sign in to follow this  
BigMilk

Seahawks WRs: Does no Rice or Harvin bump Tate up?

Looking for homers and bird watchers to chime in on this; logic says Tate should see more action and targets, no? Is he a WR2 now?

I loved Kearse preseason, could he explode?

Kearse dropped a key 3rd down reception against the Rams, hit him right in the hands. He'll get time at WR simply because they are lacking in numbers at WR, and yes, he did light it up in preseason. But Baldwin and Tate are more dependable at this point I think, for Wilson.

They also signed Ricardo Lockette from the practice squad. He's the tallest active receiver with rice out. I wouldn't be surprised to see him on the field at least a little bit.

I have Tate...wouldn't trust Tate or Wilson vs the Bucs...

I have Tate. I have no choice. :(

well with sidney rice done and harvin out I expect Tate to get 8-11 targets this week..I'm really hoping for 5-6 rec for 60-70 yards and 1 td in a PPR

I have Tate. I have no choice. :(

Dude Tate is seahawks #1 WR now...Turn that frown upside down my friend...He will get his targets..Has revis stopped anyone this yr?? Isn't he NOT playing man coverage? I was actually considering benching tate in favor of Rudolph...But I'm way over thinking this...Tate has been solid lately and now rice gone hes the seahawks #1 option in passing game..

Tate's role will not change. He's still a middling WR3. Take away that fluky long TD last week and nobody is even talking about him today. He's on pace for about 900 yards and 6 TDs- just a marginal improvement over last year's numbers. And if/when Harvin returns, it's a big negative impact on Tate because Harvin will start siphoning the lion's share of targets immediately, relegating Tate to a complimentary role.

The absence of Rice is a small bump for Kearse and Baldwin. But let's face it, Rice was averaging only 2 catches a game, so redistributing his 2 catches to other guys is not a big fantasy impact.

If you want to take a flyer on somebody based on Rice's injury, it should be Kearse. He had an ugly drop last week, but he's shown some big play ability and has had an entire week to prepare and work with the first team offense. He may even be an upgrade for Seattle over the plodding Rice who was doing nothing.

Dude Tate is seahawks #1 WR now...Turn that frown upside down my friend...He will get his targets..Has revis stopped anyone this yr?? Isn't he NOT playing man coverage? I was actually considering benching tate in favor of Rudolph...But I'm way over thinking this...Tate has been solid lately and now rice gone hes the seahawks #1 option in passing game..

Yeah. Not sure why people are down on Tate. Rice AND Harvin out should equal a no brainer start.

Yeah. Not sure why people are down on Tate. Rice AND Harvin out should equal a no brainer start.

Because he's BEEN their #1 WR for 8 weeks and that has translated into fairly middling numbers. Harvin hasn't played all year, and Rice has done next to nothing. By any meaningful definition, Tate has already been the #1 there. Little or nothing changes for him based on Rice's injury. Start Tate if you normally would, but don't expect some big change in his outlook.