Sign in to follow this  
megatron's mom

Is Moreno still a must start?

Ridley could be a strong play this week. Pats would love to slow the game down with a ball control offense, especially given the weather conditions. Whether they can succeed in that remains to be seen.

I think Moreno is still a very good start but I wouldn't quite classify him as an every-week start anymore. Broncos were clearly nervous about being so reliant on one back so his workload will necessarily diminish. Even when Ball had turned it over through stupid mistakes they keep going back to him, so it's fair to say that the trend away from Moreno is likely to continue.

Idk why theyd turn away from moreno he's been effective all year. Moreno got 72% of snaps last wk compared to 28% for Ball. Ball will steal GL carries but I think that'll be it.

I think Moreno is still a very good start but I wouldn't quite classify him as an every-week start anymore. Broncos were clearly nervous about being so reliant on one back so his workload will necessarily diminish. Even when Ball had turned it over through stupid mistakes they keep going back to him, so it's fair to say that the trend away from Moreno is likely to continue.

It's fair to be concerned/irritated about the goaline vulturing from Ball, but where is this supposed "trend away from Moreno"?

Moreno's touches in the last 6 games: 24, 22, 18, 20, 23, 27. His workload has actually INCREASED from the first month of the season, when he was getting 12-16 touches.

This supposed trend is a myth caused by a couple of vultured goaline TDs in the past few games.

It sounds Moreno and Ball both had 2 carries in the red zone last week, Ball scored. I think you can still

trust Moreno.

I think I will bench him this week. Starting Charles and Stacy with A.Brown in the flex.

Sit Brown and start Moreno? I like Brown vs Dallas.

#1 RB on the highest scoring team in football. Averages about 19 touches a game and is their preferred back in the passing game. The more close games they're in, the more he plays. Both his backups are very young, which means a fumble or missed block away from an extended stay on the bench.

If this was the description of RB not named Knowshon Moreno, it would be a pretty silly question.

It's fair to be concerned/irritated about the goaline vulturing from Ball, but where is this supposed "trend away from Moreno"?

Moreno's touches in the last 6 games: 24, 22, 18, 20, 23, 27. His workload has actually INCREASED from the first month of the season, when he was getting 12-16 touches.

This supposed trend is a myth caused by a couple of vultured goaline TDs in the past few games.

Interesting, thanks for the stats. I was going with my eyes from having watched the Broncos game but those usage stats do tell a better story :thumbsup:

Really gutsy effort by Moreno this week. 38 touches :shocking:

He looked half dead in overtime, but Denver had no other backs who could hang onto the ball. They've got a real problem now as I'm sure they don't want Moreno and his creaky knee handling this type of volume.

Gonna keep him in next week, but I'm thinking he's going to have a super light load next week.10-15 touches. Peyton's going to be passing, passing, and more to make up for today!

I can't believe they let him go back in the game after he 1st injured his leg. He gimped off the field & they threw him back out there pretty quickly.

Too bad none of the other RB's could hold onto the ball. Moreno was a beast tonight, hopefully he didn't injure his leg too seriously.

Honestly, it's pretty dumb to give the guy that many carries, when it's a game you don't really have to win, and you do need that guy for a playoff run. Short-sighted IMO