Sign in to follow this  
cyclone24

Can someone steal from your Paypal?

Just opened a Paypal account as I'm selling an old wedding ring on eBay and Craigslist.

Got an email from someone interested but they want to send it to my Paypal if I have one....and are from out of town.

Seems fishy? Just didn't know if they could do any damage....obviously I wouldn't send ring until I got paid.

Paypal is insured, that is why they may want to use it. Also owned by ebay now

There is no way they can take from you, if they send you something.

Unless they get your login/pwd, you're safe

Paypal is insured, that is why they may want to use it. Also owned by ebay now

There is no way they can take from you, if they send you something.

Unless they get your login/pwd, you're safe

Ok so what do I give a buyer so he can send money?

Thanks by the way

I believe you gotta register with Paypal. Then you just send the seller the email address you provided to Paypal IIRC

Ok so what do I give a buyer so he can send money?

Thanks by the way

like worms said.

once you have an account that is verified by paypal, which takes a few days for security.

you merely let them know your paypal address. mine is my yahoo email. many geeks have sent me money over the years for various leagues and I send back as well.

it works quite well.

Ya know...this bored...,while slow and dangerous behind the wheel, can serve a purpose!

:)

no more free advice from me.

take it to the closet :mad:

Don't do it, it's a scam. They "pay", you receive an email that looks like it's from paypal saying you got your money. They're expecting you to not really go check your account. It's a fake email. Every time I sell something on craigslist I get bombarded with long distance numbers wanting me to ship to them... Just need my paypal... Let me guess, they're in military and stationed somewhere or their nephew is or they're out of the country...

Mess with them, I do. But don't send your damn ring out just because you think you got the money through paypal

ETA:

All that is craigslist related. eBay just be sure they're verified by PayPal and the transaction qualifies for the paypal guarantee.

why would you not check your account to make sure you received the funds before you shipped an item?

Paypal charges a fee, 4-6% i forget. as said log into your real paypal account to confirm transfer.

So don't send it until I see it actually IN my Paypal.....not just an email confirm is what you are saying?

So don't send it until I see it actually IN my Paypal.....not just an email confirm is what you are saying?

Who me?

I don't even have Paypal but, I'm sure if "someone" wanted to they "could" steal through Paypal. Hackers are everywhere and I am sure someone out there has been stolen from via Paypal.

Who me?

I don't even have Paypal but, I'm sure if "someone" wanted to they "could" steal through Paypal. Hackers are everywhere and I am sure someone out there has been stolen from via Paypal.

Steal what? Not like I have money in there?

Ok, then why did you ask this question.

"Can someone steal from your Paypal?"

I'm confused man.

Ok, then why did you ask this question.

"Can someone steal from your Paypal?"

I'm confused man.

I just mean if I'm selling something on there.....I give them my email.....can they get to anything like my bank acct, etc?

If that's what you are worried about then don't do it. I'm sure billions of PayPal transactions have happened with no issue but anything us possible. Right?

If that's what you are worried about then don't do it. I'm sure billions of PayPal transactions have happened with no issue but anything us possible. Right?

Ya...I'm removing my bank account I have on file.

Eff this.

Ya...I'm removing my bank account I have on file.

Eff this.

A lot of people open 2 bank accounts. One for bills and the other for ebay, paypal and so on. That way if one is compromised it will only effect the one account. Also, you may get your money back in a scam, the question is how long will it take?