Sign in to follow this  
DaBeerz

Is RG3 Done?

Is RG3 done, or is this just a sophomore slump from which he'll rebound?

I snapped him up last year in the draft with a late round pick, and he was my starter by week 3. Until he really got hurt, the guy was FF money all the way. Unfortunately Shanny mismanaged him and hung him out there to get hurt, probably almost costing him a promising career. This year I think the inability to take off and run really hurt him, he just wasn't the same and clearly he's not ready to be a pocket passer yet.

I'm assuming it's virtually guaranteed that Shanny is fired or parts ways with the organization in the offseason. So would RG3 be able to progress under a different coach?

This isn't the first time Shanny has butted heads with a QB under his watch. Is this a coach issue, or a player issue? Can RG3 regain focus and show some progression under a new coach?

If he gets drafted next year, what would you predict his draft value would be?

He suffered a major knee injury, then had to come back and play for a coach who wants to be fired and a star-struck owner who does RGIII no favors by fawning all over him.

Next year the knee will be better and Shanny will be gone.

Snyder will still be there though.

So I'd say there's reason to hope for a rebound next year but you also want to see some signs that RGIII is maturing as a person and perhaps putting a little distance between himself and Snyder

Is RG3 done, or is this just a sophomore slump from which he'll rebound?

I snapped him up last year in the draft with a late round pick, and he was my starter by week 3. Until he really got hurt, the guy was FF money all the way. Unfortunately Shanny mismanaged him and hung him out there to get hurt, probably almost costing him a promising career. This year I think the inability to take off and run really hurt him, he just wasn't the same and clearly he's not ready to be a pocket passer yet.

I'm assuming it's virtually guaranteed that Shanny is fired or parts ways with the organization in the offseason. So would RG3 be able to progress under a different coach?

This isn't the first time Shanny has butted heads with a QB under his watch. Is this a coach issue, or a player issue? Can RG3 regain focus and show some progression under a new coach?

If he gets drafted next year, what would you predict his draft value would be?

RG3 will be back. it takes 2 full years to properly recover from the type of surgery he had. some people can do it in 1 year, but I think that is the exception to the rule. They had him wearing a brace as a precaution and I think it hindered him somewhat.

I think he will be back to normal next year. all I would do is subtract an injury premium from his value because players that have his style of play (ie. Vick, Mcnabb in his prime) do take far more hits and would be more prone to injury.

You may be able to get him cheaper than you'd normally get him in the coming years draft but that also depends on your league and how they value him.

Shanahan didn't want him in there to start this season either but had his hand forced. Rgknee was exposed as a pocket Passer this year Cuz he couldn't run. That's not on Shanahan.

That being said, I hope he gets canned and Detroit snatches him up

That being said, I hope he gets canned and Detroit snatches him up

Why? What makes you think Shanahan is still a good coach?

Not sure where Shanahan falls in the coaching rankings now ... but not everything that went wrong was his fault.

RG III did not perform well at all as a pocket passer - he often missed open looks. The offense did seem predictable at times, but how much of that was due to RG III needing simple plays?

Not sure where Shanahan falls in the coaching rankings now ... but not everything that went wrong was his fault.

RG III did not perform well at all as a pocket passer - he often missed open looks. The offense did seem predictable at times, but how much of that was due to RG III needing simple plays?

I think this is Shanny's last gig, nobody will want to hire him at this point. He clearly mismanaged RG3 and he didn't handle the Haynesworth situation well "in house" either.

RG3 will be much better next year after finally getting healthy. They rushed him back. I wouldn't want him as my QB1 necessarily, but he will probably be available as a backup in many leagues. He will have far more potential than other QBs going around his time. Don't count him out.

• Like 1

RG3 will be much better next year after finally getting healthy. They rushed him back. I wouldn't want him as my QB1 necessarily, but he will probably be available as a backup in many leagues. He will have far more potential than other QBs going around his time. Don't count him out.

That was my thought, he still has upside if he's not done and can actually play for a coach that will use him properly. QB2, he could have a few good games and amass some trade value.

the Mobile QB's, when healthy are ususally pretty good for FF point production. They may not be that effective at winning games but the Vicks and RG3s of the world in their prime are usually good for running around and putting up points. Once they lose their mobility and try to become pocket passers, that's a different story.

Why? What makes you think Shanahan is still a good coach?

bad situation with a medalsome owner doesn't change the fact that he's a good coach. Just not a fit in washington

I think this is Shanny's last gig, nobody will want to hire him at this point. He clearly mismanaged RG3 and he didn't handle the Haynesworth situation well "in house" either.

wrong, he wanted to rest rg3 til healthy n play cousins. Snyder forced his hand on playing rg3

wrong, he wanted to rest rg3 til healthy n play cousins. Snyder forced his hand on playing rg3

Now he's benching RG3 under the pretext of keeping him healthy in order to try and get Snyder to fire him. if he was truly concerned about RG3's health he wouldn't have hung him out to dry in that playoff game, and he wouldn't have rolled him out early in the season when he clearly wasn't 100%.

bad situation with a medalsome owner doesn't change the fact that he's a good coach. Just not a fit in washington

You still didn't answer the question. What makes Shanny a good coach, today, in this league?

Griffin's not done.

Shanny's done, along with Haslett and Shanny Jr.

Griffin's a great talent and a franchise QB and they are in danger if really screwing him up. What they shouldn't do is compound things by trading away Cousins, coddling Griffin further, and leaving him with no real competition. He needs to be pushed, challenged, and it would have helped WAS to let Cousins start this year, then let Griffin come in when he was really ready and healthy. This screwing around with the playbook has been ridiculous. They need some primo WRs to go with him too.

If he cannot run like he did last year then he is done. He is not a pocket passer, he will never stay healthy so if you take him next year you better draft a high end QB 2. It is looking like the running qb is gonna fall from grace in the NFL. They are fun for fantasy football but you almost never see them having any sustained NFL success. Maybe one day the perfect specimen will come along that can read defenses like Manning and run like Vick.