Sign in to follow this  
snatchit

Tannehill or Orton this week ? Come on guys last question of the year

I like Tannehill but he stunk it up last week and it could be raining.... Orton sucks but he does have good weapons and will be playing catch up. I am tied with a guy for 2nd place in points... 2nd place pays about $850.. Thanks !

I like Tannehill but he stunk it up last week and it could be raining.... Orton sucks but he does have good weapons and will be playing catch up. I am tied with a guy for 2nd place in points... 2nd place pays about $850.. Thanks !

orton

ya its between orton, tannehill, pryor and I guess cassel. they are the only ones on the WW. My QB was Romo. Can you rank those 4 ?

uuuhhgg, now you have me worried about orton... your right you know. the things I was thinking about was Dallas's oline has been pretty good and orton has a quick release... and like I said playing catch up with good weapons. Gonna have to think about it. I read that the Jets pass D was really solid last week, worries me about Tannehill. Pryor is interesting to me.

Really... Orton... That's a risky ass play with 850 on the line.

no no i would not . but of the list he has i like him the most with that talent they have

fitz is taken. I picked up Orton and Pryor last night. Might grab Tannehill and have a option of all 3 by the time the game comes around. Got to get it right. At 1st I thought Tannehill was the safest but looking at his last game and what NYJ did last week I am not so sure. Not looking for a home run but like 250 yrds and 2 TD's should work. A stand up triple :)

I would roll with Tannehill. These are my thoughts. YMMV!

1. Miami has to win to have a chance at the playoffs

2. The Jets are good against the run, bad against the pass

3. Oak has nothing to play for - Typically teams fighting for the playoffs play better

4. Dallas "should" run Murray a ton to keep that Philly offense off the field.

That's a pretty good assessment, you do have to remember even if teams have to win they sometimes play like crap... ask the lions and bears.

NYJ rookie cornerback Milliner finally showed up and basically shut down Josh Gordon last week, the D held the Browns to just 13 points and under 300 yards.. maybe they are having a late season rally for their coach. They also turned the ball over a few times and it might be raining.

Prior is playing for his job and I don't think Denver will be throwing the kitchen sink at him.

Yes Dallas will want to run but with that D I can see them getting behind 2 or 3 scores and forcing them to throw and throw a lot. Dump passes to Murray, crossing patterns for Witten and jump balls for Dez should be plentiful.

All that being said I am still with ya a bit on Tannehill on being the safest... I think : /

I am in the same boat. Have Romo, picked up Orton and Pryor. Going with Pryor. (Tannehill wasn't available though and would probably prefer him slightly over Pryor but Pryor has a higher ceiling with his rushing)

Orton and Tannehill only safe options of what you have. Pryor is intriguing matchup too its not like Den has limit pts at all.

Tannehill 190-270 pass yds 1-2TDs pass and 1-2 ints

Orton 180-330 pass 0-3TDs 0-3 ints/ff

Orton is risky but my highest rated backup at the start of yr was... wait for it NIck Foles... to me was rare ff QB handcuff.

Orton was my 2nd highest rated backup... I think the NYJ v Mia game will be grind it out game with about 2 TDs each team if that... the Cowboy game got potential for more pts and if Orton plays catchup it makes sense.

McCown and Campbell all had ff Monster weeks in playoffs its not like studs dominated. I don't trust either... Orton can't be that bad. Here's one thing to consider Cassell tore up the Eagles wait 2 Weeks ago... 2nd week starting I think... so its not like Phi been dominating QBs.

Tannehill was given reins but Mia then went run heavy... till Miller/Thomas got hurt then switched. I think Tanehill is safe for 8 pts pass yds, 4 pts in TDs and 1 turnover so... 12 pts min maybe 16 pts. I think Orton can have similar numbers if not better.

Good luck... Pryor to risky unless ur league greatly devalues passing over running he can get 80 rush or so but limited pass yds.

Who you start? my 8 pass pts, 4 pts TDs... 1 turnover was off he had 3 ints.

Hopefully you started Orton... have a happy new yr.