Sign in to follow this  
phillybear

****The Official Seattle Seahawks Offseason Thread 2014****

Percy's the key to this. As we've seen just from the SuperBowl and a few preseason games. Just him being on the field explores all new options for this team. Lets not forget also. Non Seattle fans can call Russell Wilson Lucky or a game manager or whatever. But when we watch him game in and game out. Us true diehards know that he can put up points, and be so much more if he had too. Wilson and Harvin can be an electric O. And that's just gonna excite the Defense even more. I don't think anyone truely realises just how vanilla this O has been for the last 2 years. We might really see Carroll and Bevell have some fun this year.

Terminated veteran contracts

T Wade Smith
CB Terrell Thomas

Waived
T Cory Brandon
RB Demitrius Bronson
S Mike Dobson
DE Jackson Jeffcoat
WR Kevin Smith
CB Thomas Wolfe

Wade Smith cut. Boo!!! A Pro Bowler 2 years ago, now can't even make it to last cuts on a team with a horrible offensive line. Tom Cable went on a press tour recently to talk about how great Justin Britt is doing. Britt, vs Chicago, gave up 7 QB pressures in limited action. Thus far in the preseason, no offensive lineman in the entire NFL has given up more than 6 pressures in the entirety of the NFL preseason, yet Britt did it in just about a half of so vs a very mediocre Chicago pass rush. Apparently the plan is to end the career of Russell Wilson this year as he gets creamed repeatedly by whomever Britt was supposed to block, but whiffed.

Meanwhile, Jeffcoat, the Big 12 defensive player of the year gets waived. Which is a conference every bit as good as the SEC. So when the SEC defensive player of the year gets waived, it's not because he's an attention wh0re 'mo whose publicity is soooooo much more important than studying a playbook, but maybe because he's slow and out of shape. Michael Sam's career can rest in p!ss.

Percy's the key to this. As we've seen just from the SuperBowl and a few preseason games. Just him being on the field explores all new options for this team. Lets not forget also. Non Seattle fans can call Russell Wilson Lucky or a game manager or whatever. But when we watch him game in and game out. Us true diehards know that he can put up points, and be so much more if he had too. Wilson and Harvin can be an electric O. And that's just gonna excite the Defense even more. I don't think anyone truely realises just how vanilla this O has been for the last 2 years. We might really see Carroll and Bevell have some fun this year.

The entire offense was built around Percy Harvin last year. When he went down with his injury, the entire offensive playbook was essentially scraped and it was a mad race to build Plan B. If Harvin stays healthy, and Wilson doesn't get killed by the worst pass blocking offensive line in the NFL, and throw in the new rules that penalize defensive players for breathing on or giving a dirty look to a receiver, the Seahawks can average 30+ points per game. That being said, Wilson will get injured this year and miss a number of games.

Angry Doug Baldwin and Jermaine Kearse have been great all off season, in camp, and during the preseason games. Richardson has been a wasted pick who will not do much of anything this year. Wilson isn't going to have enough time to throw him deep, so he's basically a decoy.

Seattle tonight (-5). Going to keep taking the Hawks.

I think I, or someone else, no worries, will start up a Regular Season Thread. I'd like that to take place after the final roster is set, and have the roster constantly updated at the opening posts of the thread. Or I'm just tipsy and rambling. Yar.