Sign in to follow this  
snatchit

Cowboys get HenryMelton

no hard salary numbers yet, but DCC indicates that it's a team-voidable 4 year deal with a pretty low first year figure, then escalating incentives based on performance and staying on the field. makes sense given the ACL.

there is talk of continuing to pursue allen, but i don't know that the cap can realistically accommodate that. say melton gets $3.5M (really low, compared to hatcher's deal). that would leave the same number for allen, and i don't know that he could be had for that.

that should help

The more and more I think about it, starting to like this signing. Clearly we need def line help in the worst way, and Melton is a special talent that any team would want. He is coming off ACL surgery - but the guy is only 27 and the contract is incentive loaded, which I love.

ware sure has been disappointing , not that he wont be great in Denver but just got tired of watching QB's have all day to throw. And stupid Allen wants 10 mil per yr. I think it is there best option. Wonder if they are still going Dline 1st pick

Melton is solid, but i think peppers really helped his sack numbers. We will see. The cap hit isnt too bad at least.

Dallas doesn't need Melton to rack up 13 sacks. We need him to fill holes and apply pressure up the middle.

• Like 1

Dallas doesn't need Melton to rack up 13 sacks. We need him to fill holes and apply pressure up the middle.

Im not saying he cant do that, im just saying his numbers were a bit inflated because he was playing next to peppers a lot. Plus he is coming off an acl. Its right to be a little pessimistic about his future impact.

Im not saying he cant do that, im just saying his numbers were a bit inflated because he was playing next to peppers a lot. Plus he is coming off an acl. Its right to be a little pessimistic about his future impact.

True. Then again, name a player who's #'s wouldn't be inflated playing next to Peppers......... For once Dallas actually did it right. They got Melton to sign a very financially friendly contract, with lots of potential upside, and minimal risk.

True. Then again, name a player who's #'s wouldn't be inflated playing next to Peppers......... For once Dallas actually did it right. They got Melton to sign a very financially friendly contract, with lots of potential upside, and minimal risk.

Yeah i agree getting the deal they did was definitely worth it. I forsee him as a solid player for dallas but not quite the production some hope for.

Who will be better Melton or Ratliff?

Answer: Aaron Donald, CHI

He would be an awesome fit here. No objections to taking him for sure.