Sign in to follow this  
VermilionTiger

Drafted Jimmy Graham at #4, did I do the right thing?

PPR League

12 Teams

13 Players
TE can play Flex

I went into the draft with the mindset that Graham would have a lower bust rate than the #4 back available (Peterson or Lacy). Our league allows TEs to play in the flex position, so I basically have Graham as my #1 RB, Stacy as my #2 RB and Vereen as my #3 RB. I decided to hold off on drafting a back up QB, kicker and DEF, and managed to get some quality depth at WR and RB.

QB - Tom Brady

RB- Zach Stacy

RB- Shane Vereen

RB- Steven Ridley

RB- Darren McFadden

WR- Jordy Nelson
WR- Percy Harvin

WR- Emmaneul Sanders

WR- Terrance Williams
WR- Anquon Bolden
WR- Aaron Dobson

TE - Jordan Reed

Flex - Jimmy Graham

K - Unavailable

DEF - Unavailable

No, you take the best rb available, graham was a big mistake. Ur draft is bad because of it and ur team is not good.

THAT SAID....this is all just draft talk and once the season starts, the draft is pointless and doesn't matter, all that matters is production. If zac Stacy plays great and Vereeniging goes off for a huge year then having a "bad draft" doesn't matter. All of your players could have great years just as easily as anyone else's. But for sake of this thread and being powerful on paper, no ur team is bad and you messed up taking graham so early. Starting 2 TE is terrible and it wipes out the value you get from graham starting at TE.

Again let me say....your team is bad "on paper" but could easily have a great year. Mcoy and Charles could very easily get hurt or bust and your rbs could lead the league, so don't worry about what u can't fix, just focus on the season once it starts.

• Like 1

I like the move. Though I would put graham in at TE and move reed out of there (and maybe put boldin in flex). I like Vereen in ppr.

The point of taking Jimmy in the 1st is to start him at TE, a weaker position. Putting him in a flex spot ruins the value, as you can grab a comparable WR or RB in round 2. Bad move there.

I don't think I would personally draft him 4th but I wouldn't say it's wrong to. Other than that Jordan Reed pick would have probably been better used on a RB.