Sign in to follow this  
jtimko

Bell or Gio dynasty. Help!

Non-ppr dynasty league. I have Gio. Was offered Laveon Bell straight up. My team is VERY solid with a good chance to win the league. Do I accept?

I love Gio's talent but rbbc scares me especially this year. Bell should be a workhorse but Pitt's o-line isn't as good, plus blount could be a vulture. Gio probably has a higher ceiling for dynasty but bell could be a factor for a championship this year... thoughts?

If you have a solid chance to win the championship this season I would probably take Bell. I do think Gio will be the better long term dynasty RB but Bell will probably be much better this season. Gio will still be getting limited touches and Bell should get every opportunity. The Steelers top RB is usually a good spot for an RB. Even if Gio is probably better in the long run, Bell isn't too far behind.

I think Gio clearly better ppr guy and more explosive. Bell isn't always sexy but he is in a run 1st team not afraid to pound the rock. If RB Blount is the short line goal RB I'd be worried he'd vulture TDs but Bell gets goal line touches not so much.

I think Gio better pass catcher and if you score long plays that is a plus. That said Bell will get more touches and more likely to break 100 yds if that is scored. I think both have close to identical values and go off of scoring. Cin seems to like 2 RB system so that is a minus.

If you ask me straight up I like Gio more. And obviously the Bell owner agrees but take what I said into account with long plays, ppr, 100 yds/games (carries). Bell ain't sexy but neither was RB Shonne Greene in the Jets but still got 1K/yr so sometimes boils to opportunity... Bell is better than Greene btw.

either one should be fine

I like Bell better long term, especially in non-PPR. Gio scares me because of Jeremy Hill. As an LSU fan, I dont think people realize how good Hill is. Easily the best LSU rb since Kevin Faulk, but had a much lighter work-load in college. And that includes some pretty good RBs like Joseph Addai and Dominic Davis. I think Hill will eventually split carries and get most of the goalline looks. i dont see Gio ever getting more carries than he did last year, and i think last year was his ceiling with Hill now on the team. Without PPR points, i dont see Gio being that great of an option.