Sign in to follow this  
Dragan187

Did the WR/WR thing at last night's draft

Its my main league, we have the following roster set up. 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 Kicker and a defense. QBs get 6 points for TDs and are awarded bonus points for every 30 yds of passing. Needless to say, the top 4 QBs go quickly. I have never not drafted a RB in the first couple of rounds in the past and was some scary sh!t to say the least. I was the #9 pick outta 12 teams. Here's how the first round went...

1. Jamal Charles

2. Peyton Manning

3. LeSean McCoy

4. Matt Forte

5. Drew Brees

6. Aaron Rodgers

7. Adrian Peterson

8. Eddie Lacy

9. Calvin Johnson (Me)

10. Jimmy Graham

11. Matthew Stafford

12. Demaryius Thomas

Here is the breakdown of who I picked round to round

1st Calvin Johnson

2nd Dez Bryant

3rd Ryan Matthews

4th Matt Ryan

5th DeSean Jackson

6th Joique Bell

7th Maurice Jones Drew

8th Kyle Rudolph

9th Mark Ingram

10th Brandin Cooks

11th James Jones

12th Steven Haushka

13th Tampa Bay Defense

14th Brian Hartline

Anyway, for those of you who havent drafted yet, I thought this was a good way to show you either how to/ how not to draft from the 9 - 12 spot. Glaring weakness is RB obviously. Feel free to chime in with any comments.

I think Donald Brown is going to cut into Mathews this year. I went WR WR and then got foster rice CJ Moreno Stewart ... Pretty happy. Romo sanders Vernon also

Yikes.

Outstanding WR corps, to be sure. However, you are just an injury to Dez or Mega away from being uncompetitive. Of course this is ff, and this team may look genius in a couple of months if you hit on some of your fliers.....but I personally cannot bring myself to use this WR/WR strategy. Good luck and thanks for posting it for us to see.

If it was PPR than ok. Was Demarco or Martin available at the 2nd round?

Would have gone with either.

DeMarco Murray, Giovani Bernard, and Doug Martin - GONE by the time it came back to me. It was pretty much a decision between drafting Dez or going with an Arian Foster/ Alfred Morris/ Zac Stacy kind of player.

Montee Ball should have been available given the information you provided....I would've taken him in the 2nd round if I were you even though I do love Dez

You seemed brazenly against ever locking up running back depth and fliers. When you took Mark Ingram, surely Pierre Thomas had to be there. DeSean Jackson was a reach too given the fact you had Dez and Megatron.

I still remain adamant this strategy can work...this just wasn't a good example of how to achieve the success. Still...if you stay active in the WW and Matt Ryan can bounce back, I think this team has good redraft potential.

Montee Ball should have been available given the information you provided....I would've taken him in the 2nd round if I were you even though I do love Dez

You seemed brazenly against ever locking up running back depth and fliers. When you took Mark Ingram, surely Pierre Thomas had to be there. DeSean Jackson was a reach too given the fact you had Dez and Megatron.

I still remain adamant this strategy can work...this just wasn't a good example of how to achieve the success. Still...if you stay active in the WW and Matt Ryan can bounce back, I think this team has good redraft potential.

I agree with this, Desean was the only screw up here, there had to be an rb available in rnd 5 that would make you feel better about your stable even if you didn't love them. Jennings, Gore, I'm sure there were many others as well. But that's just 1 boo boo, otherwise you have as good a chance as any.

Bryant will out score Jennings and Gore . It's a very good team great job enjoy our season .