Sign in to follow this  
mobb_deep

Guns don't kill people

I'm not a pro gun control fella, believe it or not, but it's just focking stupid to teach a little kid to shoot Uzis and similar weapons, for a variety of reasons. Terrible parenting, absolutely awful. Shame on those people

• Like 1

I'm not a pro gun control fella, believe it or not, but it's just focking stupid to teach a little kid to shoot Uzis and similar weapons, for a variety of reasons. Terrible parenting, absolutely awful. Shame on those people

I think it would have been fine if he'd just left it on semi-auto. I can understand having her use the uzi. It's small, lighter weight than a full size rifle and probably easier for a smaller person to handle. Until you put it on full-auto. At which point everything I just wrote goes out the window. You can see when she fires the first round there is very little recoil, the gun remains pointing downrange and she appears to have control of it. Had he allowed her to continue on semi-auto I think things would have been just fine. Hell, he didn't even tell her he was putting it on full-auto. He just flipped the selector and turned her loose. :nono:

Personally I would have had her sitting at a bench with a .22 rifle propped up on sand bags.

I think it would have been fine if he'd just left it on semi-auto. I can understand having her use the uzi. It's small, lighter weight than a full size rifle and probably easier for a smaller person to handle. Until you put it on full-auto. At which point everything I just wrote goes out the window. You can see when she fires the first round there is very little recoil, the gun remains pointing downrange and she appears to have control of it. Had he allowed her to continue on semi-auto I think things would have been just fine. Hell, he didn't even tell her he was putting it on full-auto. He just flipped the selector and turned her loose. :nono:

Personally I would have had her sitting at a bench with a .22 rifle propped up on sand bags.

Isn't the point of the Uzi the automatic feature, more or less? If she should've been kept to semi auto then why even use a fully automatic weapon at all?

Isn't the point of the Uzi the automatic feature, more or less? If she should've been kept to semi auto then why even use a fully automatic weapon at all?

Just guessing but, it was a rental, maybe her parents rented it for themselves and rather than renting her another gun they decided to let her shoot that one.

Just guessing but, it was a rental, maybe her parents rented it for themselves and rather than renting her another gun they decided to let her shoot that one.

So again we are discussing the stupidity of the parents and the instructor. I think most would agree both parties are idiots.

So again we are discussing the stupidity of the parents and the instructor. I think most would agree both parties are idiots.

I'm not saying the parents are idiots. Like I said, if the instructor left the gun on semi-auto we most likely wouldn't be discussing this at all. He should have known better. They are there renting a gun they would otherwise not have the opportunity to shoot. He is supposed to be teaching them how to safely shoot it. He failed.

I'm not saying the parents are idiots. Like I said, if the instructor left the gun on semi-auto we most likely wouldn't be discussing this at all. He should have known better. They are there renting a gun they would otherwise not have the opportunity to shoot. He is supposed to be teaching them how to safely shoot it. He failed.

If you put an Uzi in the hands of your child that age because its the gun you wanted to shoot yourself. You are a focking moron.

Sorry...there is zero need or reason for a child to shoot one...

If you put an Uzi in the hands of your child that age because its the gun you wanted to shoot yourself. You are a focking moron.

Sorry...there is zero need or reason for a child to shoot one...

Go back and watch the video. She had absolutely no problem putting that first round down range. Why? Because it was on semi-auto. One trigger pull = one shot fired = less muzzle climb = no dead instructor. Everybody has fun and goes home safely.

You may disagree with the parents decision to let her shoot but it doesn't make them morons.

Go back and watch the video. She had absolutely no problem putting that first round down range. Why? Because it was on semi-auto. One trigger pull = one shot fired = less muzzle climb = no dead instructor. Everybody has fun and goes home safely.

You may disagree with the parents decision to let her shoot but it doesn't make them morons.

I don't disagree with letting a child shoot a gun he/she can handle. And when I say that...I mean no matter what switch gets turned.

Great...she put a round down range.

That she could do that does not mean there was ever a need or reason to put that weapon in her hand when, with a flick of a switch, becomes something she obviously couldn't handle.

I put that on the parents for ever having that weapon in her hand...and on the instructor for being dumb enough to flick the switch in the first place.

They are morons for putting it in her hand. Period.