Sign in to follow this  
Upper Class Trash

Torrey Smith projections

PPR Scoring

Torrey is a guy I am having difficulty slotting in my rankings. I've seen projections ranging from 65 receptions to 87 receptions. I've seen his yardage total from 875 to 1250. TD's vary by website from as low as 4 to as high as 8.

This guy is ranked as high as the 13th WR in 2014 to as low as the 36th. What is the deal with him this season? Anyone care to take a shot at his stats?

I'd put him closer to the upper bound of those numbers. He's going to be the X receiver in Kubiaks offense, which is traditionally very heavily targeted (think Andre Johnson). People see his numbers from the first three years and think ho-hum, but they are actually pretty impressive for the first three years of a career. Go look at Roddy Whites (a comparable player) first three years compared to smiths..then look at year 4.

• Like 2

I think his number will match at best last season totals . With Pitta agin healthy and sign S Smith I think there might be less targets for T Smith . But last season number and ranking looks like a winner to me

• Like 1

bigmark hit the mark, Torrey Smith is going to be heavily targeted in this new offense that Kubiak brought in. Steve Smith is playing the Kevin Walter role, which is 3rd in line for targets behind the X and TE positions, and really 4th in line if you count the passes to the RBs. IMO Smith is going to be much more of a possession receiver, chain mover, 3rd down type of guy, and I'd be surprised if Smith had more than 50 catches. Traditionally, 2nd WR has never really been fantasy relevant in Kubiak's offenses, and if I recall, shortly after Steve Smith signed with the Ravens, he was quoted as saying he would be playing the Kevin Walter role in the offense. Pitta And Torrey are going to be the beneficiaries in this offense. My Projections:

Torrey Smith 80-1274-6

Steve Smith 46-623-3

Dennis Pitta 66-748-7

• Like 2

Torrey 76 1080 14.21

Smith

60 780 13.00 4

Pitta

66 723 10.95 6

I agree on torrey fo sho. And a large chunk of those numbers will come in 2-3 games while he burns you the rest of the year. Absolutely love what he brings to the table, but without an elite qb or a dynamic scheme that tries to get the ball into his hands in space, he is a disappointment. Way underutilized.

Gotta love when a team declares they need to get the ball to a play maker more so they can do their thing, only to see the offense sputter around with the same old plays lacking any type of innovation.