Sign in to follow this  
peenie

Should we send our military in to Iraq or Syria to fight ISIS?

If you go to Syria, its a not a stretch to ecpect to be beheaded at some point, just sayin.... but hey, did you know that out poor women here in the US get breast augmentation, the horror....

I could make a lot more money doing what I do in the Middle East. There's are reasons I don't go. The major one of course is the physical danger of being in close proximity to these animals. But also, in case it's not obvious, I really have neither respect for nor interest in their religion and their culture. I don't want anything to do with them.

The one time I did go, I was running around in a unit full of heavy armored M1A2 Abrams tank (although I personally was driving either the easy to blow up 5 Ton repair parts truck (the PLL truck) or else the equally easy to blow up Humvee that I would use to make my repair parts runs). But this was the 1991 Gulf War and we kept far the fock away from the people that live there, we never interacted with them at all other than wave at the ones that watched us as we drove through in the trucks in our long convoys. We just blew up Saddam's Army, occupied southern Iraq for a couple of weeks, and left without ever getting close enough to say "hello."

I'm curious if geeks with substantial military experience agree with this marine's take that unless you have boots on the ground you're never going to fully accomplish any mission.

He seems a little off and that thought is really the only interesting thing about this interview. I wonder if he thinks being surgical + minimal ground forces is the best conceivable approach at this point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kJoHs_OEEk

I'm curious if geeks with substantial military experience agree with this marine's take that unless you have boots on the ground you're never going to fully accomplish any mission.

He seems a little off and that thought is really the only interesting thing about this interview. I wonder if he thinks being surgical + minimal ground forces is the best conceivable approach at this point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kJoHs_OEEk

Hopefully the boots aren't American. Driving these turds out of Fallujah previously was only made possible by an unacceptably large quantity of American boots pointed skywards.