Sign in to follow this  
Natetradomus

WR Cody Latimer

Anyone who has watched Manning over the years knows two things. One, he can make anyone into a fantasy worthy receiver. He could turn Tantastic into a star. Two, if you don't earn his trust by running the right routes, knowing what he is thinking and knowing where to be...he won't throw you the ball. I doubt Latimer makes a splash. I think Thomas and Thomas are more valuable now. Sanders gets the biggest boost. Caldwell and Tamme now have some fantasy relevance.

Sigmund Bloom at footballguys has been saying on his podcast for weeks that Cody Latimer is the one guy that you have to leave your drafts with. Bloom is a Denver guy and he has said that in practices where he has watched the Broncos redzone package since training camp has been taking Welker off the field, moving Sanders into the slot, and putting Latimer on the outside. He said that Latimer has been excellent at jump balls and has beat Denver CBs for big gains on a regular basis.

If he is on your wire he is now worth at minimum or last spot. It might take the first game to see his usage but he has the talent and now the chance to make an impact.

Sigmund Bloom at footballguys has been saying on his podcast for weeks that Cody Latimer is the one guy that you have to leave your drafts with. Bloom is a Denver guy and he has said that in practices where he has watched the Broncos redzone package since training camp has been taking Welker off the field, moving Sanders into the slot, and putting Latimer on the outside. He said that Latimer has been excellent at jump balls and has beat Denver CBs for big gains on a regular basis.

If he is on your wire he is now worth at minimum or last spot. It might take the first game to see his usage but he has the talent and now the chance to make an impact.

Great info, thanks. Just finished a draft in a deep keeper and grabbed him late. It is when, not if, he moves past Caldwell IMO. I think that especially with Welker's situation(s), the natural progression is for Sanders to move to the slot and Latimer to move outside to the Decker role. A more athletic Decker.

Worth a shot with Welker out until week 6? Or does that just boost everyone else's value? I've never seen the kid play.

No question if you have the spot worth a pick up

Would you guys drop an established vet who is good in ppr (hartline) to take a flyer on this kid?

100%

I am now holding cooks, j.matthews, and latimer on my bench...I have to hit the lotto on one right?

I traded decker and Jordan Mathews to make room for this kid.

That's a little much IMO, since Decker has proven himself and is the #1, and Matthews has a lot of upside in a Chip Kelly offense. But hey, go big or go home. :thumbsup:

I traded decker and Jordan Mathews to make room for this kid.

So you made two separate threads on your trade & still brought it up in this thread?

Veto!