Sign in to follow this  
Larry David

Survivor Pool - Week 5

I've already used Philly, Green Bay, San Diego and New England. The obvious choices for me are....

Pitt over Jax

N.O. over Tampa Bay

Denver over AZ

Seattle over Washington

The Steelers just lost at home to the Bucs so they scare me.

N.O. looked awful against the Cowboys and the Bucs just won a big road game.

I'd think it would be nuts to pick against an undefeated team even if they're playing in Denver.

So, I'm leaning towards Seattle over Washington. If Cousins had no answer for the Giants, his head will explode trying to deal with the Seahawks secondary.

Thoughts?

I'm rolling with NO over TB. The Saints play well at home and they aren't going to want to drop to 1-4 in front of their fans. I had originally selected PITT but I feel like there could be an upset. Jacksonville has gotten out to two hot starts and then faded later in games. It's best to try to avoid road games when you have other decent options. Bortles is playing his first game at home. PITTS secondary has not played well this year and Bortles likes to take shots down the field. Seems like a nasty trap game to me!

I've already used Philly, Green Bay, San Diego and New England. The obvious choices for me are....

Pitt over Jax

N.O. over Tampa Bay

Denver over AZ

Seattle over Washington

The Steelers just lost at home to the Bucs so they scare me.

N.O. looked awful against the Cowboys and the Bucs just won a big road game.

I'd think it would be nuts to pick against an undefeated team even if they're playing in Denver.

So, I'm leaning towards Seattle over Washington. If Cousins had no answer for the Giants, his head will explode trying to deal with the Seahawks secondary.

Thoughts?

Denver over AZ

Pittsburgh is liable to lose to Jacksonville. Jags would be my second or third choice to win of the teams you've listed.

Washington is a home dog on MNF. I don't care who they're playing, you don't touch those games.

NO over TB? Eh. Yes, the Saints are much better at home and I'm guessing have owned the Bucs. I just hate division games.

I'm thankful I still have San Diego.

I have to go NO at home. Sea does not travel well, don't trust Pitt at all, and Zona could put up a fight in Denver.

I'm going with New Orleans as well. Coming off a loss, Tampa coming off a win. And if all else fails, listen to Vegas. The Saints are the biggest favorite this week I believe.

I'm just happy I used New England when the team they played against sucked more then they did.

I'm just happy I used New England when the team they played against sucked more then they did.

Picked them against Oakland too? Even then they were just barely the better team.

Here's a note that's probably interesting to nobody but myself. All four of my survivor winners were losing at some point in their games.... Philly down 17-0 to Jax, Green Bay down 21-3 to the Jets, New England down 3-0 to Oakland and San Diego down 14-10 to Jax.

Detroit at home vs Buffalo is the biggest home favorite / non-divisional spread at -7.5

Picked them against Oakland too? Even then they were just barely the better team.

Here's a note that's probably interesting to nobody but myself. All four of my survivor winners were losing at some point in their games.... Philly down 17-0 to Jax, Green Bay down 21-3 to the Jets, New England down 3-0 to Oakland and San Diego down 14-10 to Jax.

I've picked the same 4 so far :highfive:

Playing with fire so far :unsure:

I've picked the same 4 so far :highfive:

Playing with fire so far :unsure:

Same 4 here as well. Wild ride.

I went Detroit, Arizona, New England, San Diego so far. For those that haven't picked green Bay I am picking them over the Vikings, feels like a trap game but I trust Aaron Rodgers on a short week vs ponder or a hobbled Bridgewater